Senior Business Intelligence Developer
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Finance
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0003462
- Experience Years: 5-10 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityDriscoll’s in search of a Tableau Developer to manage the lifecycle of Tableau analytics dashboards, including business requirements gathering, functional specification write-ups, prototyping, development, quality testing, user acceptance testing, roll-out and post-launch enhancements implementation. As a Tableau Developer, you will work broadly across technical and non-technical teams to craft realistic plans, translate technical concepts, and share the vision on data. As a Tableau Developer, you should have a demonstrated ability to design engaging and interactive business insights dashboards using Tableau and possesses the knowledge and experience on data visualization best practices, with a focus on enhancing user interaction and user experience.
- Tableau dashboard creation, report authoring and troubleshooting, data source management.
- Create and edit SQL queries within Tableau to build calculated fields.
- Create interactive filters, parameters and calculations for preparing dashboards and worksheets in Tableau.
- Build and publish interactive dashboards on Tableau Server. Collaborate with programmers and QA analysts to test, clean, and standardized data to meet the business requirements.
- Must have excellent verbal communication skills and the confidence to work cross-functionally with various departments including business stakeholders and technical personnel to exchange ideas.
- Possess excellent documentation skills to maintain workflows and dashboard functionality.
- Represents Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like professional manner in all interactions with growers, co-workers, suppliers, customers and the business community at large.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Engineering, or another technical field, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of combined progressive experience in Business Intelligence, analytics, or other quantitative fields
- At least five years of experience designing and developing business intelligence dashboards using Tableau.
- At least five years of experience using Tableau v9.x.
- At least five years in UI, UX space (can be concurrent or overlap with Tableau experience) demonstrable with evidence of using a combination of user interface tools such as wire frames, prototypes, mock-ups, or white boarding to illustrate product usability.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience managing others
- Experience working with large and complex data set able to write simple queries to create calculated fields.
- Empirical understanding of data systems (BI analytics, data blending, data warehousing, data ETL, etc.) on process automation and standardization.
- Experience working on a support team environment by documenting, researching, solving problems via phone calls or email ticketing system.
- Experience working directly with business analysts or business sponsors to gather and validate functional requirements and provide the design specifications.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and flexibility to change priorities when needed.
- Ensure to deliver on time, on budget and to specification; use every delivery as a chance to iterate and improve the team, quality of data, and the use of data
- Passionate about exploring new technologies
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to make sound technical decisions
- Excellent communication skills with all levels. Proven ability to lead and communicate orally, in written documents, and in formal presentations is required
- California driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program.
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.