Product Marketing Manager
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Marketing
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0003424
- Experience Years: 5-10 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityJoin the #1 brand in produce to drive brand differentiation though product innovation. The Product Marketing Manager is responsible for understanding consumer needs and translating insights into new product that create category growth and build brand equity. As the owner of new product portfolios for multiple berry types, the Product Marketing Manager drives all phases of Driscoll’s stage-gate process to ensure a consumer-centric approach is seamlessly integrated in the development of our new product roadmap. This role works across numerous departments to facilitate the development, execution and improvement of new products as well as the integration of product segmentation into Driscoll’s strategic plan. Candidates must have strong leadership, change management, and project management skills to galvanize cross-functional leaders and bring the enterprise along the new product development journey.
- Participate in and influence Driscoll’s strategic plan
- Partner with Product Leadership and Finance teams to manage the profitability of our core product portfolio over a multi-year horizon
- Drive growth in Driscoll’s product portfolio by acting as central championing changing consumer’s needs and evolving marketplace trends
New Product Development
- Develop and execute Driscoll’s new product roadmap
- Manage a stage gate process from initial concepting through go-to-market strategy development, launch, evaluation, and scale-up/expansion
- Lead cross functional teams to develop and ensure execution of GTM strategies for new product lines (including but not limited to Product Managers, Berry Leadership Teams, Supply Chain, Operational teams, and Sales & Marketing)
- Partner with Market Insights team to drive consumer research and analyze marketing trends
- Define the positioning (functional/emotional benefit with reasons to believe) and packaging for all new products, based on competitive intelligence, the features and benefits of our products and unique consumer insights – this serves as the foundation to the Brand team’s marketing activities
- In partnership with Product Business Management, define comprehensive pricing strategies
- Partner with Category Development to develop product distribution strategies
- Support the development of new business or financial models and operational processes as needed to enable new products to be successful
- Internally socialize new products, launches, and our stage gate process to create awareness of what we do, how we do it, and what we are launching - why, when and how
Reporting & Analytics
- Analyzes and reports on new product performance and financial results
- Develops, maintains, and publishes project and initiative status reports
- Develops and publishes Tableau reports for the team as needed
- Follow Company policies and practices while representing Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like manner in all interactions with employees, governmental agencies, growers, customers, etc.
- Ensure the security of Driscoll’s confidential and proprietary information and materials.
- 5+ years of new product development or product marketing in the food or beverage industry with a consumer recognized brand
- Bachelor degree in Marketing or Business Administration and/or related degree required; M.B.A. preferred
- Must be courageous and influential, exhibiting the ability to inspire the business to exploit new consumption opportunities
- Must have excellent business acumen particularly in the areas of agribusiness, enabling problem solving at the stakeholder level. Intellectual curiosity paired with strong analytical, process management, and general planning skills is required.
- Must be creative and a conceptual thinker, able to envision future opportunities and mitigate threats. Must use sound judgment with ability to recognize and act upon good ideas, at times making competent decisions in a fast-paced strategic environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication with strong presentation skills is also required.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Must be able to travel up to 20% of time, including domestically and internationally
- Advanced level of computer skills including use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) required, experience with Tableau ideal
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.