Brand Marketing Specialist
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Marketing
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0003422
- Experience Years: 0-3 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityAs part of the Brand & Product Marketing Department, the Brand Marketing team focuses on creating brand value and influence through a sustainable relationship with consumers. The Brand Marketing areas of focus include brand strategy and development, omnichannel marketing, corporate social responsibility marketing, and consumer relations & events. The Brand Marketing Specialist plays a key role in Driscoll’s brand building activities around increasing brand awareness, broadening consumer demand and strengthening brand affinity with our core berry users. The Brand Marketing Specialist is responsible for supporting aspects of developing and executing brand programs. The Brand Marketing Specialist will play a key role in brand architecture package design work and collaborate with the Product Marketing team in launching new products. The Brand Marketing Specialist will drive efforts to create brand assets (photography, lifestyle, etc.) while managing the digital asset management platform. The ideal candidate is passionate about building a beloved brand and championing the consumer. The Brand Marketing Specialist must be comfortable working in a fast paced and complex environment as well as working with external agencies and cross-functional teams.
Brand Strategy & Development
- Support brand package design and brand architecture portfolio strategy. Directly involved with development of new products, responsible for supporting brand architecture for packaging development, including consumer research and interpreting product positioning into brand strategy.
- Drive development and execution of integrated brand marketing programs. Provide creative marketing support, including brand signage, promotional materials, omnichannel communications, in-store shopper activation and merchandising support.
- Drive strategic brand marketing campaign planning and execution, including experiential activation. Write, review and drive the creative brief and design management process for brand campaigns as well as internal cross-functional teams.
Digital Platform Management
- Manager of the Digital Asset Management platform. Responsible for file organization, taxonomy structure, tagging, implementation, permissions, usage rights, and team training.
- Partner with brand team and agency partners to optimize and drive brand guidelines, visual identity system and business systems.
- Support trademark management, partner with Brand Manager and legal counsel to manage all regional trademarks for business unit.
Program & Agency Management
- Manage and drive strategic output of external agency partners to deliver best in class marketing assets, such as key art, photography, and brand assets.
- Work collaboratively to drive brand alignment and deliver brand tools to support sales, channel, public relations, and digital departments to execute on brand and sales strategy.
- Bachelor degree in Marketing, Business Administration or equivalent.
- 2-4 years of Brand Marketing or communication experience.
- Experience in consumer-focused marketing and/or strategic brand management.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work with external agencies and outside departments.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-directed, strong project management and prioritization capabilities.
- Ability to work independently and though a collaborative team setting.
- Sound understanding of research principles/techniques and consumer insight application.
- Advanced level of computer skills including use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Preferred Qualifications & Leadership Competencies
- May travel for business up to 10% of work time.
- California driver’s license and ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.