Global R&D Executive Administrator
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Administration
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0003279
- Experience Years: 5-10 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe Global R&D Executive Administrator will provide executive administrative support to the Senior Vice President of Global Research & Development. In addition, this role will manage other administrative staff in the Global R&D group, assist the SVP with managing information requests, preparing presentations, arranging travel, and scheduling meetings – while providing occasional project management support. This role will also handle details of a highly confidential and critical nature and collect and prepare information for use in discussions/meeting of management staff and management of outside individuals. The Global R&D Executive Administrator must exercise excellent judgement – within generally defined practices and policies – in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions; as well as excellent communication and project management skills. There will be occasional business travel.
Administrative Assistance: Ensures the smooth and efficient operation of the SVP’s office. Answers mail, phone calls and inquiries for the SVP and others as needed. Screens and organizes mail and e-mail messages; using discretion to perform appropriate action. Processes miscellaneous expenses, invoices and other financial items. Other support may include meeting agenda preparation, taking meeting notes, creating memoranda, reports, and presentations as well as conducting errands. Maintains a safe and professional work environment.
Information Flow: Manages wide-range information dissemination. Acts as a liaison between Vice Presidents, Board Members and other management level employees, Growers and vendors to coordinate activities. Prepares and distributes agendas for the staff meetings. Reviews, assesses, routes, answers and monitors follow up action steps on communications. Monitors budget for the SVP’s office including tracking expenditures, monitoring budget variances, and providing reports. Creates and maintains department files.
Meeting and Travel Coordination: Manages calendars, arranges meetings, appointments and travel plans. Coordinates meetings, social functions, seminars, travel, and hotel arrangements.
Presentation: Working with content provided by the SVP, further develops and enhances in PowerPoint for final presentation level “look and feel” of quality. Includes the use of graphics, designs, color schemes, and overall consistency of flow.
Other: Ensures the security of Driscoll’s proprietary and confidential information and material. The position follows Company policies and procedures while representing Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like manner in all interactions. Performs other duties as instructed by the SVP.
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Communications or related field is strongly desired with 5+ years' of experience
- Previous experience in executive administrative support, or related experience in project management, program management, or department coordination
- Demonstrated success in managing department communications, events planning, and calendar scheduling
- Prior experience in managing administrative support staff
- Proficient in preparing presentations and editing communications
- Able to work independently and with limited supervision
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Able to manage change within a global organization
- Ability to multi-task successfully in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work cross-functionally within the organization, particularly with the peer group of executive admins
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint)
- Must be able to maintain a valid CA driver’s license with the ability to be insured under company sponsored liability coverage. Occasional travel necessary for operational purposes up to 10% of work time. Must be eligible for U.S. Passport
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.