- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Administration
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0003272
- Experience Years: 0-3 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Intern
About the OpportunityThe entomology intern will work within a team framework to advance the mission of the Entomology department to increase our knowledge of management practices that lead us toward a future where pest impact is minimized along with any negative effect on the environment and society. The intern will accomplish this by working on specific projects designed with senior scientist that fits with the intern’s interests and the department’s goals.
- Responsible for managing activities in collaboration with entomology and possibly other departments to accomplish planned growth.
- Contributes to the Business Unit’s people priorities and objectives regarding: people leader effectiveness, engaged employees, and enabling others to perform.
- Domestic and international travel required up to 25%.
- Represents Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like professional manner in all interactions with growers, co-workers, suppliers, customers and the business community at large.
- Be currently enrolled in an MS or PhD program in an Entomology, Agriculture, Botany, Biology or Applied Sciences program.
- Course work in agriculture, horticulture, and pest science.
- Exposure to Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Have a passion for pursuing a career in horticulture, pest management, breeding, or insect-plant relationship research.
- Can work independently.
- Be detail orientated with research results and comfortable with repetitive tasks
- Have great communication skills.
- Be flexible and could work in various conditions (both indoors and outdoors).
Preferred Qualifications & Leadership Competencies
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program.
- Cultivates Innovation: Finds, champions, and implements innovations; large or small.
- Plans & Aligns: Establishes priorities and desired outcomes, and creates plans to achieve them.
- Drives Results: Pursues everything with energy, resourcefulness, and the need to achieve desired outcomes.
- Collaborates: Works with a variety of colleagues, inside and/or outside of Driscoll’s, seeking win-wins solutions.
- Courage: Tackles difficult issues timely with optimism and transparency.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.