- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Administration
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0003265
- Experience Years: 0-3 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Intern
About the OpportunityThe Logistics intern will work within a team framework to advance the mission of the Logistics department and be involved in the daily operations, interfacing with multiple departments. The intern will accomplish this by working on specific projects designed with transportation manager that fits with the intern’s interests and the department’s goals.
- Own Weekend reporting – Saturday and Sunday
- Export load plan (Saturday & Sunday finals and Monday prelim)
- Run reporting to verify carrier check in the morning – follow up with carriers
- Create and distribution short transit report
- Validate data and create KI reporting for weekly OTD and OTP
- Run reporting and upload data for Export Revenue - list bills prep
- Review standard Accessorial
- Set up and execute weekend transfer requests
- Create and distribute WCC Monday Prelim on Friday
- Book specific loads as per the needs of transportation team
- Other duties as assigned by the manager of the transportation and compliance team
- Junior- Senior-standing, or recent graduate
- Coursework in Supply Chain/Logistics.
- Computer skills with a high level of proficiency with Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Tableau knowledge is an added plus.
- Ability to work across departments, and independently.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with people.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Works well in fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Can work independently
- Be detail orientated with research results and comfortable with repetitive tasks
- Have great communication skills.
Preferred Qualifications & Leadership Competencies
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program.
- Cultivates Innovation: Finds, champions, and implements innovations; large or small.
- Plans & Aligns: Establishes priorities and desired outcomes, and creates plans to achieve them.
- Drives Results: Pursues everything with energy, resourcefulness, and the need to achieve desired outcomes.
- Collaborates: Works with a variety of colleagues, inside and/or outside of Driscoll’s, seeking win-wins solutions.
- Courage: Tackles difficult issues timely with optimism and transparency.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.