- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Real Estate & Facilities
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0003247
- Experience Years: 5-10 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityDriscoll's is looking for some great pilots! Driscoll's, the world's largest distributor of fresh berries, is adding a Falcon 2000LX to the fleet and with it we will need at least two more pilots. We have an immediate need for two PIC-qualified King Air 350 pilots. Significant jet experience is a big plus, as pilots will cross qualify in the Falcon. We are looking primarily for pilots with strong handling skills and extensive IFR background. A King Air 350 and/or Falcon 2000 EASy type rating is preferred but not absolutely required. We fly our King Air into many airports with relatively short runways, plus at least one airport which is unimproved dirt, so we're looking for pilots who are very confident with their airmanship. Driscoll's headquarters are in Watsonville, California, on the beautiful Monterey Bay. This is a full-time position and pilots are expected to live within a one-hour drive of KWVI. We are an equal opportunity employer and offer an above average pay and benefits package, negotiable for highly qualified candidates. This position reports to the Chief Pilot, who assigns and supervises the duties of flight and ground personnel and manages the overall operation of the aviation department. The staff corporate pilot must possess an airline transport certificate. BE-300 and/or Falcon 2000 type ratings are preferred but may be waived for highly qualified candidates. The Corporate Pilot requires a minimum of 3,000 hours of flight experience, 1,500 hours of pilot-in-command experience and 1,000 hours of experience in high performance turbine-powered aircraft.
- Participate in ensuring that all government, industry and company safety and operational requirements are met
- Ensure flight operations related safety issues and hazards are reported to the Chief Pilot via the Safety Management System
- Complete all required preflight planning and preparation duties, including the FltPlan.com Flight Risk Assessment Tool (FRAT)
- Ensure aircraft, weather, flight plan, departure airport facilities, at departure, in route and at destination, meet operational requirements
- Ensure required aircraft certificates and manuals are on board the aircraft prior to commencing a flight
- Maintain current knowledge of, and adhere to regulations, including recent flight experience required under FAR part 61, Standard Operating Procedures as outlined in the Driscoll’s flight manual and best practices as described in FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) Advisory Circular material
- Attend regularly scheduled ground and simulator training, maintaining flight proficiency and knowledge of all flight operations, regulations and aircraft systems
- Maintain current required licenses and certificates to comply with company, ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization), as applicable, and FAA requirements
- Assist loading and unloading of baggage and providing passenger needs as required
- Conduct flight operations in accordance with international, federal, state, local and corporate regulations
- Ensure confidentiality of Driscoll's financial and proprietary information
- *This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all the job's responsibilities. At Driscoll’s, all of our jobs include broad responsibilities for continually improving the processes we use to develop our products.
- Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) Certificate
- FAA Second Class Medical
- Rated in King Air – 300/350 - preferred
- CA Driver’s License or plan to convert to CA
Minimum Experience Required:
- 3,000 hours of total logged flight experience
- 1,500 hours Pilot In Command
- 1,000 hours in Jet or Turboprop
- 250 hours actual instrument time
- 300 hours night time
- 200 hours in type – preferred
- High School diploma required, two years college or technical training preferred
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.