Product Marketing Specialist
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Marketing
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0003228
- Experience Years: 3-5 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityAs part of the Brand and Marketing Department, the Product Marketing Department drives category growth and brand affinity through product innovation. The Product Marketing Department translates the needs and preferences of consumers into new products, bringing new product concepts to life and making them a marketplace success. The Product Marketing Specialist will support product development and execution. This role will be responsible for project management and co-development of new products, successful execution of plan through collaboration with cross functional teams and guidance from Sr. Product Marketing Manager to get product to marketplace and evaluating and reporting product performance. The ideal candidate is passionate about food and/or agriculture and is energized being on the front line between consumers and Driscoll’s to innovate and create excitement in the marketplace. The Product Marketing Specialist must be comfortable working in a fast paced and complex environment, organizing activities with other business functions from end-to-end, keeping teams on track to product timelines, and working collaboratively to influence change. The role will also support the department with program tracking, process improvement, analytics and reporting.
- Under the direction of the Sr. Product Marketing Manager, supports development of new products including ideation, writing business cases, conducting market analysis and writing product positioning.
- Collaborating with Market Insights to conduct and analyze consumer research and market trends.
- Supports packaging development with Procurement and Post-Harvest.
- Supports Brand Marketing team with specific product-based development of assets, packaging design and/or customer presentations.
- Supports the development of product standards and management processes that ensure products deliver on their product promise, including production standards, QA metrics, and post-harvest.
- Partner with Customer Development to support development and execution of product placement and customer distribution strategies to ensure we are selling product in alignment with GTM objectives.
- Supports go-to-market strategies for new and existing product lines.
- Owns specific projects in support of long-term strategy development for product segmentation.
- Coordinates activities and monitors progress across multiple functions within the business to align product strategies and mobilize teams to execute.
- Collaborates with the marketing team to ensure streamlined hand-offs for product launches (including creative, digital campaigns, promotional materials, and in-store merchandising).
- Support new product launches as needed and support internal communications and socialization of new products.
Analytics, Performance and Insights:
- Supports data collection for team KPIs, standardizing and populating regular reports.
- Supports storytelling though qualitative data to track product performance, including consumer, customer and internal highs and lows.
- Coordinates and manages projects related to consumer research.
- Maintains status tracking of Product Roadmap in partnership with the Product Marketing Department.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings with cross-functional team to support long range product planning and development.
- Bachelor degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or equivalent.
- 2-4 years of experience in Product Marketing, Marketing, or New Product Development.
- Demonstrates strong skills in project and program management.
- Demonstrates strategic thinking and analytical skills.
- Ability to navigate complex situations and has strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence and manage change.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-driven and willingness to learn.
- Ability to work independently and though a collaborative team setting.
- Thrives in a fast-past environment and can manage multiple projects on tight deadlines.
- Sound understanding of research principles/techniques and comfortable working with data.
- Advanced level of computer skills including use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience with reporting software preferred (Tableau).
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- May travel for business up to 10% of work time.
- Valid CA Driver’s License and eligibility for company vehicle insurance required.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.