- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Real Estate & Facilities
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0003166
- Experience Years: 3-5 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityUnder the direction of Sr. Operations Manager, the Maintenance Supervisor position will ensure clean up or maintenance activities and new installation projects, assure equipment/facility readiness for growing Driscoll’s proprietary plant varieties. This position may supervise equipment repairs, equipment maintenance, facility repair/upkeep, excavation, loading/unloading pallets and racks from tractor-trailers, landscaping maintenance, irrigation repair/maintenance, electrical repairs and maintenance, and carpentry work in direct support of the overall Corralitos and Bassman nurseries.
- Maintain and repair mechanical, electrical, plumbing and heating systems
- Landscape, Greenhouse, and Growout facility repair and maintenance
- Follow up on maintenance strategies, procedures and methods
- Continuous improvement and administration of PM programs for all equipment and building systems
- Maintain log of all maintenance performed
- Ensure all work is completed on time in a safe, prompt and professional manner
- Perform analysis to determine the root cause of the most critical and repetitive equipment failures
- Monitor greenhouse software and ensure all programming is accurate and interfacing with hardware
- Check alarms on all irrigation, heating, cooling and dosing equipment in the greenhouse
- Report daily to SR. Operations Manager regarding the status of work and projects
- Conduct meetings with the maintenance staff and growing team to train on new hardware and software
- Control and track maintenance inventory (tools and equipment)
- Participate in organizational meetings to report on safety, greenhouse climate systems, projects, maintenance issues, etc.
- Inspect equipment and conduct routine maintenance regularly
- Provide technical support and trainings on new equipment
- Contributes to Corraltios and Bassman people priorities and objectives regarding: people leader effectiveness, engaged employees, and enabling others to perform
- Recruit, onboard, and coach staff to ensure robust learning and career development consistent with the Company’s values and rapidly globalizing profile
- Represents Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like professional manner in all interactions with growers, co-workers, suppliers, customers and the business community at large
In addition to the functional responsibilities of the role, as a Driscoll’s people supervisor, you will accomplish work individually and through others while delivering on functional accountabilities connected to the employee lifecycle, including:
- Workforce Planning: Aligning the people plan to the business plan
- Hiring: Find, evaluate, and hire new team members
- Onboarding: Integrating new employees into the organization
- Managing: Organize and coordinate activities of a team in order to achieve defined strategic objectives
- Development: Partnering with your employees to create a plan to grow in their existing or potential future roles
- Employee Safety: Ensure both physical and psychological safety in the workplace
- Off-boarding: Ending an employment relationship
- Knowledge of electrical grid, wiring, and layout
- Knowledge of irrigation and plumbing installation and repair
- Knowledge of HVAC
- Knowledge of Safety and OSHA and COSHA
- Knowledge of tractor and implement repair and maintenance
- Spanish skills are required
- Proven work experience as a Maintenance Lead or Manager or similar position in a team based environment
- Agriculture industry experience is a plus
- Advanced knowledge of mechanical, electrical, plumbing and heating systems
- Ability to read systems schematics
- Advanced troubleshooting skills
- Understanding of safety and equipment procedures
- Good communication of safety and equipment procedures
- Good communication and training skills
- California driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.