- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Legal
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0003162
- Experience Years: 5-10 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThis position’s responsibilities include providing legal counsel, contract structuring and negotiation, and managing and supporting legal counsel across North America, South America, Europe, China, and Australia. This is a generalist role, ideal for a business-minded attorney with strong legal research, negotiation, and project management experience.
- Provide solution focused legal guidance to a multitude of business groups at Driscoll’s.
- Practice and learn the following areas of law: commercial transactions, agriculture, customs, employment, finance, food safety, information technology, intellectual property, labelling, licensing, nursery, PACA, procurement, real estate, sales/marketing, supply chain, traceability, international trade/trade remedy, transportation, UCC, etc.
- Draft and negotiate a broad variety of contracts in accordance with legal policies and procedures.
- Support development and continuous improvement of contract templates and legal policies.
- Collaborate with other members of Legal Affairs on cross-functional initiatives and teams.
- Oversee and support effective working relationships with domestic and international outside legal counsel to provide required expertise and support for transactional and legal matters.
- Ensure the security of Driscoll’s confidential and proprietary information and materials.
- Domestic and international travel required up to 10%.
- Mentor and learn from employees at all levels.
- Represents Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like professional manner in all interactions with growers, co-workers, suppliers, customers and the business community at large.
- Support and promote global governance and controls measures, legal education, and process improvement in alignment with Driscoll’s Mission, Vision and Values.
- BA/BS and JD required with 5+ years' experience.
- Must be a lawyer qualified to practice in at least one U.S. state, California State Bar preferred.
- Desire to learn something new and meet someone new every day.
- Ability to translate legal concepts into business terms.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills; ability to develop close working relationships and to work, collaborate, and finalize projects, contracts and transactions effectively across diverse groups, teams, and cultures.
- Outstanding legal research, oral, and written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and business needs, meet deadlines and balance multiple workflows in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong work ethic and ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Prior experience as an attorney in a law firm or corporate legal environment.
- Demonstrated experience with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Experience in the agriculture industry a plus.
- Experience working in a global organization a plus.
- Spanish a plus.
- California driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program.
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.