- Location: US - Remote Locations - California
- Job Family: Real Estate & Facilities
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0003123
- Experience Years: 5-10 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe Chief Pilot assigns and supervises the duties of flight and ground personnel and manages the overall operation of the aviation department, including coordinating aircraft maintenance with flight scheduling. Must stay current with federal and local flight regulations. Possesses current airline transport certificate with necessary type ratings. Requires a minimum of 5,000 hours of flight experience and 1,500 hours of pilot-in-command experience. Typically requires a bachelor's degree. The Chief Pilot will be responsible for creating functional strategies and specific objectives including developing budgets/policies/procedures to support the functional infrastructure of the aviation department. This role typically requires 5+ years of managerial experience.
- Ensure all government, industry and company safety and operational requirements are met
- Ensure flight operations related safety issues and hazards are responded to
- Create and manage an environment that ensures selection, retention, and development of flight operation employees with focus on aviation safety
- Develop, recommend, and administer policies, standard operating procedures and flight operations training including safety training
- Collaborate with the Director, Transaction Services on annual operating and capital plans (budget)
- Partner with Reiter Affiliated Company pilots on bi-annual billing processes
- Serve as the key flight department manager responsible for the FltPlan.com Safety Management System (SMS) hazard reporting, response and resolution process as well as reviewing and, when applicable, responding to the FltPlan.com Flight Risk Assessment Tool (FRAT)
- Support aviation safety audits and responsible for response to findings
- Actively participates with the safety program
- Assigns crews for flights
- Ensures aircraft, weather, flight plan, departure airport facilities, at departure, in route and at destination, meet operational requirements
- Ensures required aircraft certificates and manuals are on board the aircraft prior to commencing a flight
- Supervises flight crew and maintenance of company aircraft
- Have knowledge of, and adhere to regulations, including recent flight experience and SOP’s
- Attend regularly scheduled ground and simulator training, maintaining flight proficiency and knowledge of all flight operations, regulations and aircraft systems
- Maintain current required licenses and certificates to comply with company, ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization), as applicable, and FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) requirements
- Assist loading and unloading of baggage and providing passenger needs as required.
- Conduct flight operations in accordance with international, federal, state, local and corporate regulations
- Exhibit role model behavior and leadership in flight operations standard operating procedures
- Actively participate with the safety program, as well as crisis response planning exercises
- Ensure confidentiality of Driscoll's financial and proprietary information
In addition to the functional responsibilities of the role, as a Driscoll’s people manager, you will accomplish work individually and through others while delivering on functional accountabilities connected to the employee lifecycle, including:
- Workforce Planning: Aligning the people plan to the business plan
- Hiring: Find, evaluate, and hire new team members
- Onboarding: Integrating new employees into the organization
- Managing: Organize and coordinate activities of a team in order to achieve defined strategic objectives
- Development: Partnering with your employees to create a plan to grow in their existing or potential future roles
- Employee Safety: Ensure both physical and psychological safety in the workplace
- Off-boarding: Ending an employment relationship
- Performs other duties as assigned
*This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all the job's responsibilities. At Driscoll’s, all of our jobs include broad responsibilities for continually improving the processes we use.
Competencies / Skills:
- OSHA Standards & Compliance
- Regulatory Reporting
- Risk Assessment
- Safety Incident Reporting
- Post-Flight Aircraft Inspection
- Pre-Flight Aircraft Inspection
- Risk Analysis
- Aviation Software
- Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) Certificate
- FAA Second Class Medical
- Rated in King Air – 300/350 - preferred
- CA Driver’s License
Minimum Experience Required:
- 5+ years of managerial experience
- 3,000 hours of pilot-in-command experience
- 5,000 total flight hours
- 1,000 hours PIC in Jet or Turboprop
- 250 hours actual instrument time
- 300 hours night time
- 200 hours in type – preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.