Business Solutions Manager
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Project Management & Analysis
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0003118
- Experience Years: 5-10 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe purpose of the Business Planning & Solutions Team is to contribute to the success of Driscoll’s Mission through the skilled planning, implementation and management of critical, large-scale projects and initiatives in pursuit of delivering extraordinary internal and external customer service. The team will provide an operational structure that enables an efficient, accurate and reliable Sales process, which fosters improved customer alignment. The Business Solutions Manager is a member of the Business Planning & Solutions Team. This position requires a highly motivated individual who will blend business expertise, an innovative can-do attitude and pragmatic implementation experience. Expert in end-to-end sales and system processes. Responsible for the development, deployment, validation and on-going maintenance of Sales & Marketing projects and platforms. Maintains a focus on the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform and supporting processes. Leads on-going refinement of end-to-end sales focused processes, systemic optimizations, change management activities and reporting in order to deliver extraordinary internal and external customer service. Responsible for fully understanding the needs of the internal and external customer. The Business Solutions Manager will lead complex projects, programs and platforms, which drive greater efficiency within the Sales & Marketing Department. This position will also have direct supervisory responsibility for the Business Solutions Specialist. Partners with Sales, Accounting, Marketing, Supply Chain, and IT to develop systemic and process-oriented solutions that deliver upon our strategic digital roadmap objectives. As a member of the Business Planning & Solutions Team, the Business Solutions Manager will contribute to the creation and maintenance of a digital ecosystem. Responsible for creating and executing key strategies, which resolve complex issues in order to increase productivity and reduce operational expenses.
- Responsible for delivering, managing and providing daily execution support of large-scale projects and programs
- Manages issue resolution for business process and system related issues impacting our ability to successfully service customers in a timely manner
- Responsible for all regression testing efforts when systemic changes or new technologies are implemented
- Serves as primary liaison with IT to troubleshoot newly reported system issues (focused on CRM, WMS and ERP) which impacts business and/or customer end users
- Ensures project/department milestones and goals are achieved and budget adhered to
- Identify, develop and implement flexible, adaptive and innovative continuous improvement (CI) processes for effectiveness, efficiencies & accuracy. Champion of best practice opportunities
- Responsible for leading activities related to pre & post implementation of core production systems
- Maintains extensive knowledge of end-to-end Sales & Marketing team systems and processes
- Prepares and/or presents documentation to support key business stakeholders
- Develops, manages and maintains business focused project plans and updates
- Ensures effective collaboration and communication across multiple departments in support of strategic and team goals
- Conducts comprehensive Sales and Marketing focused end-to-end testing of new functionality and executes detailed business regression testing
- Directs business requirements documentation in collaboration with IT
- Documents new reports and/or new requirements to existing reports, and is responsible for report validation (must understand all data sources and the various needs of the reports to support successful business execution)
- Measures sales and operational efficiencies by developing key sales and operational performance metrics. Analyzes and reports on key performance metrics to achieve Driscoll’s strategic goals and objectives
- Conducts training to support new system and functionality deployments
- Responsible for the direct supervision of the Business Solutions Specialist
- Contributes to the Business Unit’s people priorities and objectives regarding: people leader effectiveness, engaged employees, and enabling others to perform.
- Recruit, onboard, and coach team to ensure robust learning and career development consistent with the Company’s values and rapidly globalizing profile.
CRM Support Specific Responsibilities
- Leads and implements business related CRM strategies and procedures related to strategic vision, team training, customer documentation, system upgrades, platform requirements, workflow management and on-going standard business activities related to CRM functionality and business processes
- Utilizes CRM platform experience to help drive business decisions and identify process and platform improvements
- Reviews daily alerts, notifications, and reports; takes action on errors or exceptions as requested by IT
- Represents Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like professional manner in all interactions with growers, co-workers, suppliers, customers and the business community at large.
In addition to the functional responsibilities of the role, as a Driscoll’s people manager, you will accomplish work individually and through others while delivering on functional accountabilities connected to the employee lifecycle, including:
- Workforce Planning: Aligning the people plan to the business plan
- Hiring: Find, evaluate, and hire new team members
- Onboarding: Integrating new employees into the organization
- Managing: Organize and coordinate activities of a team in order to achieve defined strategic objectives
- Development: Partnering with your employees to create a plan to grow in their existing or potential future roles
- Employee Safety: Ensure both physical and psychological safety in the workplace
- Off-boarding: Ending an employment relationship
*This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all the job's responsibilities. At Driscoll’s, all of our jobs include broad responsibilities for continually improving the processes we use.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA preferred, plus a minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience
- 3+ plus years of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform experience; Salesforce experience preferred
- 5+ plus years of progressive and successful produce and/or berry industry leadership experience
- Experienced Subject Matter Expertise of berry sales operations, processes and systems
- Strong knowledge in the channels of distribution of perishable product
- Excellent presentation, written and oral communication skills.
- Resourceful and creative with the ability to work independently with little supervision, influence cross functional team members, initiate new ideas, develop and deploy new systems and develop and train others in new processes
- Skilled at building and implementing change management activities
- Demonstrated success, particularly in process and project management ideally in Sales, Marketing or Supply Chain environments preferred
- Ability to manage up, down, and across, to influence others, resolve conflict, recognize cultural differences and adopt alternative methods
- Strong analytical skills with experience in utilizing information and communication technologies, along with key sales analysis
- Team player with strong motivational and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with computer software/programs including Microsoft Office products including knowledge and experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX
- Domestic and international travel required up to 10%
- California driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.