Distribution Center Coordinator
- Location: US - Watsonville DC
- Job Family: Operations
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0003114
- Experience Years: 3-5 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe Distribution Center (DC) Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the day to day operation and ensuring that all process and procedures are being followed by all employees. They will supervise a team and will be responsible for maintaining a constant product flow and rotation in the Inbound and Outbound Areas, all while ensuring that all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and safety practices are being followed. This individual should exhibit the company Mission and Values and is dedicated to meeting the expectations set forth by the Distribution Network Manager.
- Adhere to and ensure DC processes are followed correctly in Inbound and Outbound Areas
- Ensure all fruit is properly received, consolidate, pre-cool, stored, rotated, loaded and shipped to Driscoll’s standards in order to meet and or exceed the set goals
- Responsible for adjusting inventory discrepancies in our Warehouse Management System (WMS) (fruit or materials); for example, receiving inaccurate and/or rejected fruit after being entered in the system
- Effectively and constructively facilitate interpersonal interactions, such as exchanging information, persuading others, problem solving and working under pressure
- Work in a collaborative environment, serving in a leadership role and as part of the distribution management team
- Must complete tasks & projects in an accurate, timely and efficient manner
- Follow Company policies and practices while representing Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like manner in all interactions with employees, governmental agencies, growers, customers, etc.
- Ensure the security of Driscoll’s confidential and proprietary information and materials
- Maintain Management Team informed / updated on any potential issues or concerns regarding operations, personnel and/or safety
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager
- *This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all the job's responsibilities. At Driscoll’s, all of our jobs include broad responsibilities for continually improving the processes we use to develop our products.
- Position demands a flexible work schedule; to include Overtime, Weekends, On Call, Day/Mid/Night Hours Shifts, and Holidays, including other work functions within Distribution for example: (Export, In-bound, Out-bound, Long Cane, Shipping Area)
- High School diploma or GED required
- 3 years of experience working in a Distribution Center
- Must possess excellent customer service skills
- Effective verbal & written communications; (English/Spanish) preferred
- Thorough understanding of receiving, cooling, storage, rotation and shipping of fruit
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, manage multiple tasks, and problem solve in a timely manner
- Must be a self-starter, dependable, reliable and have the ability to work independently
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Word, and Outlook as well as data entry and the ability to run reports
- California driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program are also required
- Ability to work with key stakeholders and manage multiple projects across the enterprise
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.