- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: IT
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0003105
- Experience Years: 3-5 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityDriscoll’s is looking for an Application Developer with a real passion for innovation. The Application Developer will work on all technical aspects of software development projects providing technical guidance to internal and external development teams, managers, and, internal customers. This role will be responsible for developing global-scale solutions utilizing the latest technologies in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Design, build and deliver products that delight customers with scalable and maintainable code under the hood
- Be responsible for the design, implementation, unit testing, performance and monitoring of the team’s solutions
- Proven expertise at consuming REST services and dealing with error cases
- Ensure consistent process and provide technical guidance during business requirements and specifications development phases
- Should be comfortable with direct communication with all levels of technical and business resources
- Responsible for ensuring quality through design reviews, code reviews and development of standards
- Serve as a mentor to team members by demonstrating alternate techniques, reviewing code, and strengthening skills
- Must be able to interact well with multiple priorities in an extremely dynamic environment, initiating necessary tasks and ensuring complete follow up
- Research and recommend appropriate application development best practices, and tools
- Develop new functionality on our existing software products and provide development support and assistance for escalations and issues
- Ensure the security of Driscoll’s confidential and proprietary information and materials
- This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all the job's responsibilities. At Driscoll’s, all of our jobs include broad responsibilities for continually improving the processes we use to develop our products
- Responsible for managing activities in collaboration with Application Delivery and Business Applications team to accomplish planned growth
- Contributes to the Business Unit’s people priorities and objectives regarding people leader effectiveness, engaged employees, and enabling others to perform
- Represents Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like professional manner in all interactions with growers, co-workers, suppliers, customers and the business community at large
- B.S. or above degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 4+ years of hands-on experience developing Real-time/ Enterprise-scale applications
- Expert level experience developing intuitive, responsive UI/Front-end for web applications
- Solid understanding of front-end architectures, data-driven, and cross-browser development
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- UI design experience and ability to build wireframes
- Validating user actions on the client-side and providing responsive feedback
- Experience writing non-blocking code, and resorting to advanced techniques such as multi-threading, when needed
- Familiarity in integrating with integration software such as MuleSoft, AWS API Management, Rest API, or equivalent middleware solutions
- Experience building native applications is a plus
- Experience with relational database concepts, SQL queries, NoSQL
- Build secure web applications with user authentication and role-based access control
- Strong focus on testing during development and knowledge of CI/CD
- Experience with JIRA, Rally, or some comparable tool
- Focus on customer experience and build product features that delight users
- Passionate about exploring new technologies
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to make sound technical decisions
- Excellent communication skills with all levels. Proven ability to lead and communicate orally, in written documents and informal presentations is required
- California driver’s license and the ability to be covered under a company-sponsored vehicle insurance program
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.