Director of Financial Planning & Analysis
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Finance
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0003103
- Experience Years: 10+ Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityAdditional Locations: Mexico-Guadalajara
The Director of Financial Planning & Analysis directs the assigned business unit by providing timely, relevant and accurate analysis against historical, budgeted, forecasted, and competitive results to facilitate decision-making toward the achievement of the budget and the strategic plan. Participates in financial planning activities for assigned business unit in a manner that yields challenging, but achievable, strategic plans, budget and forecasts and provides clear understanding of results. Carries out special financial or planning projects of varying nature and complexity. This includes leading analysis of Enterprise-wide P&L, acquisitions, investments, and/or customer strategy. Uses market, financial, customer, grower and consumer analysis to find meaningful insights into building a profitable and sustainable berry business. Regularly reports on trends, keeping Driscoll’s Stakeholder audiences informed. Responsible for directing the work of key analytical resources for the business unit, and developing a team of strong business leaders who are comfortable challenging the status quo. Business travel 10%.
- Responsible for leading the budget and forecast process coordination for the business unit. This involves coordinating with all direct reports about the process and timing for completing the DOTA budget and forecast within required deadlines and targets. Partner with global support accounting and finance teams
- Identifies market trends that may impact Driscoll’s Performance to Plan including, but not limited to, Industry and Competitive Volume trends, Rest of Market Pricing, Market Share and Price Premium. Continually evaluates the market landscape for growth potential and profit opportunities
- Reviews and compares monthly financial statements to budget and provides insightful analysis of variances
- Develops financial models to support decisions around investment opportunities
- Partner with the business leaders to highlight opportunities for profitability improvements in various areas of the business such as Nursery, Distribution and Logistics, Grower Economics, etc.
- Measures Projected Customer Demand compared to Actual Sales and Annual Plan; identifies performance gaps and collaborates with Product Business Management (PBM) and Sales Representatives to reduce variances affecting berry performance
- Recommends and measures fruit allocation by channel, sub-channel, and customer to optimize value of fruit
- Supports Customer Profit and Loss analysis to guide future customer planning and maximize Driscoll’s profit potential
- Identifies future growth opportunities by partnering with the Market Group to evaluate and project the five-year Market Landscape including industry volume growth, customer demand potential, consumer opportunities, and price regression trends
- Foster an environment of continuous improvement within DOTA Finance and within all areas of the business unit
- Recommend process improvements and process measures to ensure progress towards process improvement goals is attained
- Ensures the confidentiality of Driscoll’s financial and proprietary information and materials
- Represents Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like manner in all interactions with co-workers, growers, government agencies, vendors and consultants
- Maintains a safe and professional appearing work area
- Performs other duties as instructed*
As a Driscoll’s people manager, you will accomplish work individually and through others while delivering on functional accountabilities connected to the employee lifecycle, including:
- Workforce Planning: Aligning the people plan to the business plan
- Hiring: Find, evaluate, and hire new team members
- Onboarding: Integrating new employees into the organization
- Managing: Organize and coordinate activities of a team in order to achieve defined strategic objectives
- Development: Partnering with your employees to create a plan to grow in their existing or potential future roles
- Employee Safety: Ensure both physical and psychological safety in the workplace
- Off-boarding: Ending an employment relationship
*This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all the job's responsibilities. At Driscoll’s, all of our jobs include broad responsibilities for continually improving the processes we use to develop our products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting is required. MBA preferred. CMA or CPA is a plus
- 10 years’ minimum work experience in financial planning, reporting and analysis, management consulting, corporate strategy or investment banking
- 3-5 years’ experience in people management roles. This position manages a group of 4-5 direct reports (10 – 15 including indirect reports) in a matrix environment
- Agribusiness and/or category/brand management experience a plus
- Strong analysis skills and strong business acumen
- Comfortable sourcing and assimilating data from various sources to provide comprehensive, multi-perspective analytical approach to the business needs
- Able to optimize processes and create predictive insights from data
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate meaningful insights and recommendations derived from data and analysis to senior management
- Creative problem-solving skills. A demonstrated track record of making a difference and adding value
- Promotes ideas and recommendations persuasively while building and maintaining positive working relationships
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, unstructured, and cross-functional environment showing initiative as both an independent and a team contributor
- Demonstrates mature confidence and self-awareness, staying focused on goals and managing emotions, even in the face of debate
- Must be able to deal with ambiguity, and follow through with analysis, even in the absence of perfect information
- Advanced PC skills in MS Office (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Word). Experience in other database and/or analytical tools a strong plus
- Valid CA Driver’s License and eligibility for company vehicle insurance required
- Eligibility for or valid US Passport also required
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.