Senior Manager of Internal Audit
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Finance
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0003053
- Experience Years: 5-10 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityDriscoll’s is seeking an experienced, self-motivated, and talented audit leader to join our global internal audit team as Senior Manager of Internal Audit. This position is based in Watsonville, California, and reports to our Vice President of Internal Audit.
- Assess company risk to develop global risk-based internal audit plans
- Perform operational, financial, IT and integrated audits that add value by driving organizational change and enhancing control consciousness
- Manage the audit process by designing, executing, and supervising audit programs that target high-risk areas in the company’s controls, systems, and processes
- Partner with the global leadership team to validate control deficiencies, provide pragmatic recommendations to correct issues, and obtain management action plans to mitigate identified risks
- Manage the issuance of audit reports that communicate issues to senior management
- Perform follow-up audits to validate if outstanding audit issues have been resolved
- Manage investigations and ad hoc audit projects
- Implement a data analytics program to drive efficiency in audit testing
- Embrace innovation and continuous improvement to enhance audit efficiency
- Become a trusted advisor in the development of pragmatic global controls and best practices
- *This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all the job's responsibilities. At Driscoll’s, all of our jobs include broad responsibilities for continually improving the processes we use to develop our products.
What You’ll Need
- A Bachelor’s degree (or more!) in Accounting, Finance, Business or equivalent
- 8+ years of progressive audit management experience with a public accounting firm and a global company
- A relevant professional certification, such as CPA, CA, CFE, CIA, CISA or equivalent
- Strong understanding of business risks and internal controls that mitigate risks
- Critical thinking and professional skepticism
Who You Are
- You are self-motivated, proactive, and passionate!
- You are results-oriented and can motivate, influence, and manage business partners
- You are commitment to the highest standards of integrity, professional and personal conduct
- You adapt, you are resilient, you like to be challenged, and you thrive in a dynamic environment
- You embrace data analytics, enjoy continuous learning and applying new concepts
- You are a team player that can communicate well and manage multiple projects
- Your interpersonal skills allow you to interact with a diverse group of teams and different cultures
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 15%, both domestic and international
- Experience with agricultural and / or consumer packaged goods companies
- Proficiency with data analytic tools such as ACL or IDEA
- Familiarity with Galvanize Highbond audit management system
- Language skills are highly desirable, especially Chinese, Spanish, Portuguese, or French
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.