Principal IS Project Manager
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: IT
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0003014
- Experience Years: 10+ Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe Principal IS Project Manager assumes responsibility for leading and managing IT-related projects and programs across the organization either directly or through direct reports. This role will support the global enterprise in the planning & execution of the project portfolio. This role is accountable and responsible for developing & executing project plans for multiple, simultaneous mid to large scale projects as well as programs during all phases of the project lifecycle and partnering with IS teams, Driscoll’s business units and vendors/partners to provide excellent service and deliver quality projects on-time and within budget. The Principal IS Project Manager has a team of IS Project Managers (Employees and/or Contract) reporting into her/him and will be responsible for ensuring their adherence to the standard project practices as mandated by Information Services project governance. Engagement in and commitment to the continuous process improvement of the project practices will be a primary role of the Principal IS Project Manager.
- Responsible for leading and delivering projects and programs that adhere to defined PMO processes and industry standard best practices either directly or through direct reports.
- Develop and manage consolidated program and project management plans, schedules and budgets and provide consistent and comprehensive project updates, ongoing cost analysis, risk and issue management and resolution either directly or through direct reports.
- Effectively direct, manage and control all program and project activities and deliverables, through all phases of the program and project lifecycle ensuring a successful delivery that is on time and within budget on all assigned projects/programs.
- Escalate functional, quality and timeline issues appropriately to ensure successful achievement of project and program goals and objectives.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with external vendors, IS Management, business partners and internal IS teams.
- Consult with IS Management, business partners and internal IS teams to develop project delivery strategy (i.e. roadmaps, vendor selection, etc).
- Mentor and partner with the Office of the CIO for portfolio management and reporting.
- Develop and lead a high-performance Project Management team, including the development & management of both internal employees and outsourced partner relationships to enhance global delivery team capabilities.
- Manage, monitor and track program and project-related costs, including budget variances.
- Keep program and project owners as well as sponsors well informed of progress, challenges, risks and issues. Analyze and present updates regarding project performance, risks, issues, mitigation plans and change requests.
- Ensure the security of Driscoll’s confidential and proprietary information and materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, computer science or comparable field of study required.
- Minimum of 10+ years progressive experience in a project/program management role, preferably in a PMO environment, with a proven track record of delivering complex, larger scale, global technology projects on time and within budget.
- PMP Certification required.
- Experience implementing multi-regional ERP systems (MS Dynamics AX strongly preferred) with an emphasis on Finance, Order to Cash, Supply Chain and BI Business functions.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to deal with ambiguity and lead through change.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Demonstrated ability to manage remote and geographically distributed teams, lead cross-functional teams to achieve project objectives and work collaboratively and cohesively in a team environment.
- Extensive experience planning and managing projects within various SDLC methodologies i.e. Agile and Waterfall.
- Extensive experience managing project budgets and managing and controlling project-related costs including budget variances. Knowledge of Earned Value Management a plus.
- Vendor Relationship Management experience, including the creation and execution of Requests for Proposal (RFP) and Statement of Work (SOW) agreements.
- Extensive experience working with MS Project Professional and MS Enterprise Project Server (2010 preferred).
- Must be able to maintain a valid California Driver’s License with the ability to be insured under company-sponsored liability insurance plan.
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions is also required.
- Domestic and international travel 15-20% of work time.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.