Senior Manager - Application Architect
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: IT
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0002984
- Experience Years: 5-10 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe Sr. Manager, Application Architect is a member of the Driscoll’s Information Technology Leadership team reporting to the Sr Director of Global Applications. The IT organization is responsible for all facets of architecture, software development and production support of key business. Driscoll’s is looking for an innovative, hands on leader, with a track history of high performance that will drive positive outcomes for strategic investments. Our goal is to deliver business technology solutions that improve our capabilities. This role will lead the development of the technology application architectural strategy for global enterprise business applications systems in alignment with business goals. The architect will be involved in all aspects of the project life cycle, from the initial kickoff through the requirements analysis, design, and implementation; may oversee or lead the evaluation and selection process for packaged applications.
- Define the overall enterprise architecture for a portfolio of businesses that will enable execution of new business models and automation of existing ones.
- Provide guidance, road maps, technical principles, standards and best practices to influence investment decisions that prioritize and balance operational demands.
- Assist in building the capability to deliver on the strategy. This will include technology evaluation and recommendation, design principles, proof of concepts (POCs), data and analytics and services capabilities.
- Develop migration strategies to close gaps between current and future state of the application architecture.
- Reviews requirements across multiple applications and business functions to develop application models that span applications and domains.
- Help to define system and technical architecture governance with business stakeholders on identifying initiatives, evaluating technology and promoting better use of solutions throughout the organization using technology.
- Capitalize on leveraging SOA, software quality and reusability to facilitate the portability and scalability of applications.
- Identifies system requirements for ecosystem-wide applications including hardware and software technology.
- Provide ongoing analysis of the application ecosystem to detect critical deficiencies, opportunities and recommend solutions for improvement.
- Develops and maintains IT ecosystem architecture models, processes and documentation.
- Maintain knowledge on product direction and future offerings of enterprise application vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or related field; Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- 12 years of IT work experience with at least 5 years of architecture design and deployment, systems lifecycle management and infrastructure planning.
- 5 years of leadership experience in managing multiple, large, cross-functional teams or projects, and influencing senior level management and key stakeholders.
- Enterprise architecture certification such as Open CA, Zachman (level 2), TOGAF is strongly preferred.
- Experience with diverse business unit solution architectures and deep understanding of integration strategy.
- Experience in a consumer products or industrial company setting. Operational experience supporting a multi-channel, complex supply chain environment would be additive.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with a broad range of enterprise solutions and SOA toolsets.
- Advanced knowledge of all components of holistic enterprise architecture, business re-engineering principles and processes.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail.
- Advanced knowledge of SaaS vs. on premise differences, concerns and best practices.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills with demonstrated experience talking the language of technical developers and business managers.
- Experience working in an offshore/onshore collaborative environment.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.