Transportation Analyst II
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Supply Chain
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0002960
- Experience Years: 0-3 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe Transportation Analyst is responsible for driving performance results within the transportation department, through daily operations, analytics, and program management. Responsibilities includes managing transportation scheduling, complex load planning, rate management, order fulfillment, and monitoring of specific loads scheduled by the department. The Transportation Analyst is also responsible for managing key programs and department analytics, identifying service improvement opportunities and collaborating with internal/external customers / partners to drive results.
- Communicate extensively and work collaboratively with the Sales Department, Product Planning Department, Distribution Centers, Third-Party facilities, Customers, and Carriers to facilitate the following:
- Manage Track & Trace reporting and provide results to Driscoll’s, Customers, and Carriers.
- Analyze key service and financial metrics – using analytics to drive business decisions that improve service, reduce cost, and continuously improve the arrival condition of our fruit to our delivered customers.
- Manage key customer(s) and/or regional programs to drive efficiencies and improve overall service to our internal/external customer(s).
- Partner with the Sales, Product Planning, Materials, Growers, and the Nursery.
- Maintain Customer Champion Role. Work with the customer’s buyer and receiving facilities to ensure timely communication of time pick up & on time delivery.
- Manage order fulfillment, performance and transfer of fruit through 3PL facilities (hub & spoke distribution modeling). Determine complex Load optimization and LTL programs considering delivery location, delivery date and order size. Consider and analyze customer inventory, cold chain demands, customer timelines, etc.
- Manage Claims process. Ensure timely hand off claim packets, claim resolution and payment.
- Manage other programs such Intermodal and Direct Deliveries. Interface with Logistics leadership to define targets. Work with Sales, and Supply Chain Planning to achieve goals. Work with Carriers to secure capacity and rates.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain/ Logistics or related field required and 2+ years of transportation/logistics experience.
- Flexible and dependable with work schedule, including on-call shifts (nights and weekends), holidays, overtime, and occasional domestic-international travel.
- Customer Service Experience is a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Experience with Tableau is a plus.
- Basic math and data entry skills required.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with the ability to communicate professionally and effectively at multiple levels both inside and outside of the organization.
- Work well in a fast-paced and collaborative environment with a diverse group of individuals.
- Experience in the use of Transportation Management Systems (TMS), Warehouse Management Systems and EDI.
- Must be able to maintain a valid CA Driver’s License with the ability to be insured under company sponsored liability coverage.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Driscoll’s management.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.