Support Technician II
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: IT
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0002959
- Experience Years: 3-5 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityIn accordance with Driscoll’s support policies, the Support Technician provides support to company computers and applications, general network issues, mobile devices, supports adoption of new technology implementations and supports video conference and collaboration systems.
General Support: Responds to incidents and requests received via self-service portal, email and phone. Utilizes ITIL/ITSM based software and methodologies to track and monitor incidents and requests. Timely resolves issues in accordance to our Service Level Agreements (SLA). Identifies researches, resolves and documents technical problems. Continually educates self on current and future trends in technology. Participates in technical and process knowledge sharing across the IT organization. Follows company policies and practices while representing Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like manner in all interactions with employees, governmental agencies, growers, customers, etc. Ensures the security of Driscoll’s proprietary and confidential information and materials. Performs other duties as assigned by the manager.
- Hardware: Maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, repairs and replaces computer systems, desk phones, mobile devices, video conference and collaboration systems and other computer peripherals.
- Software: Installs, upgrades, troubleshoots and evaluates company-approved applications using an endpoint configuration manager.
- Active Directory: Administers computer and user accounts through Active Directory, administers distribution and security groups, create and disable user accounts, organize user and computer accounts in OUs. Supports and maintains user account information
- Network: Supports network operating system and supporting software. Basic troubleshooting of wired and wireless networks.
- Phone System: Provides support for corporate telephone system, desk phone setup, deployment and troubleshooting.
- Mobile Devices: Provides configuration, troubleshooting and support for a variety of mobile devices including tablets and smart phones.
- Projects: Supports the rollout of new technologies by the IS department through projects. May manage and execute on Service Desk specific projects.
- Documentation: Creates and maintains knowledgebase documentation for the Service Desk and customers via KB articles.
- Remote Site Support: Provides onsite support to sites outside of Guadalajara Office. May be required to travel to other remote sites within Mexico and the United States.
- On-Call: Shares in rotation of on-call response of support requests on weeknights, weekends and holidays.
*This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all the job's responsibilities. At Driscoll’s, all of our jobs include broad responsibilities for continually improving the processes we use to develop our products.
- Associate’s Degree in an Information Technology field of study preferred
- Minimum 4-5 years’ experience in a Service Desk or Desktop Support position
- Certification in applicable computer and network support functions is highly desirable
- Experience with Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) methodologies.
- Experience in ServiceNow (ITSM) - Incident, Request, Knowledge, Change Management
- Experience with installation, upgrade, and maintenance of software, hardware, and peripherals using software catalogs
- Experience supporting Windows 10, Mac OS, Microsoft Cloud Services Office 365, SharePoint.
- Strong mobile support (Android, iOS)
- Experience with Exchange, Active Directory
- General knowledge of TCP/IP, WANs, LANs, Wireless networks, VPNs, SDWANs, and Firewalls
- Familiarity with computer encryption and general security tools
- Experience supporting video conference and collaboration systems, such as Cisco WebEx and Microsoft Teams
- Ability to troubleshoot software, hardware and connectivity issues remotely
- Ability to understand and articulate root cause on customer issues
- Superior customer service and communication skills a must
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and remain focused under pressure
- Must be able to move computer equipment (up to 50lbs) and related equipment as needed
- Must have a flexible work schedule and participate in evening, weekend and holiday on-call rotation
- A State Driver’s License and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program is required
- Ability to travel within Mexico and to the US if required
- Bilingual preferred - English/Spanish
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.