Assistant Distribution Center Manager
- Location: US - Santa Maria DC
- Job Family: Operations
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0002956
- Experience Years: 3-5 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe Assistant Distribution Center (DC) Manager is responsible for the facility operations related to receiving, cooling, and shipping berries. He/she supports the Sr. Manager in supervising the personnel at the DC and ensuring a smooth flow of product through the facility. This is achieved by creating operating plans, executing daily activities in a consistent fashion, while developing and implementing best practice processes, and leading efforts to adopt equipment and technology solutions. Ensures the facility complies with Good Manufacturing Practices related to Food Safety and other regulatory compliances. Demonstrates an ability to execute in a consistent basis. Traveling to other regions may be required (Up to 10%).
- Operational Performance: Responsible for operations within his/her assigned facility and supporting local third-party facilities as needed. Achieve operating performance KPIs, safety, customer service, and labor management. Monitor and manage inventory accuracy and order fill improvement efforts. Identify gaps in performance and put in place corrective actions to address it. Support, promote and place a high priority on workplace safety.
- Personnel Management: Lead and develop personnel in best practices using collaborative style leadership and coaching. Using disciplinary policies as required. Ensure that standardized processes are being followed.
- Planning and Budgeting: Support Sr. Manager in developing and assisting and implementing annual operating plan and capital expenditure plan. Lead implementation of capital related projects in his/her facility. Manage staffing and equipment requirements for facility. Monitor operating costs, implement sound audit controls and develop action plans to address cost variances.
- Process Management: Executing internal systems and business processes. Will match new technologies with desired processes, standardize procedures and develop systems to optimize resources. Will identify areas for improvement; troubleshoot situations, delegate responsibilities and monitor results of implementation.
- Facilities Management: Ensures the maintenance and upkeep of the distribution center to follow good manufacturing practices and regulatory standards. Responsible for enforcement of security measures and compliance with food safety and bio-terrorism regulations. Responsible for facility performance of all internal and external audits.
- Professionalism: Nurture, support and promote the company Mission, Vision and Values. Follow company policies and practices while representing Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like manner in all interactions with employees, government agencies, growers, customers, etc. Ensure the confidentiality of all Driscoll’s proprietary information.
*This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all the job's responsibilities. At Driscoll’s, all of our jobs include broad responsibilities for continually improving the processes we use to develop our products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics Management, Business Administration or equivalent experience
- Must have 2 plus years’ experience with warehousing, distribution, logistics and warehouse management systems (JDA/Blue Yonder experience a plus)
- Experience in managing personnel
- Bilingual (English / Spanish) preferred
- Ability to drive consistent execution, change and continuous improvement
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Ability to delegate and empower employees responsibly
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Strong influencing skills and capable of gaining consensus
- Customer service focus
- Analytical ability to develop and monitor measurable goals
- Valid California driver’s license and eligibility for use of company vehicle
- California driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program.
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.