Service Desk Engineer
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: IT
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0002908
- Experience Years: 5-10 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe Service Desk Engineer will provide expert-level support and administration for essential server systems related to end-user support for PCs, applications, Mobile Device Management, Active directory administration, and general network issues; oversight and management of escalated tickets from the Service Desk team; will work collaboratively with members of IT sub departments; management of IT projects; process documentation; will provide mentoring and training to other Service Desk staff members.
- Technical Lead: Partnering closely with the Service Desk Supervisor, the Service Desk Engineer will be the technical owner of all server systems and applications that provide management or services to all end user workstations including but not limited to, data encryption, anti-virus, windows updates, software deployment/removal, windows operating system deployments. In this capacity, the Service Desk Engineer will be the escalation point for issues relating to the above-mentioned server systems/applications, oversee and manage escalated tickets from the Service Desk, ensuring that issues are analyzed, resolved, or escalated to other groups within IT when applicable, according to Service Level Agreements and the IT Support process. Reports new issues and provides status updates on ongoing issues to the service desk supervisor and Sr. Service Desk Manager. Creates documentation for procedures (SOP’s) and provides knowledge transfer/training to Service Desk Technicians on existing and newly implemented technologies or technical procedures. Works to create an environment of team work and cooperation within the Service Desk team, with other IT teams and with other departments.
- Technical Support: Installs new software releases, system upgrades, evaluates and installs patches and resolves software related problems. Provides maintenance, upgrades and support for corporate telephone systems. Documents, maintains, upgrades or replaces hardware systems. Provides escalated support to Service Desk technician on a variety of issues with services relating to the Service Desk. Utilizes Service Desk software to track and monitor problems to insure a timely resolution according to Service Level Agreements and the IT Support process. Identifies, researches and resolves technical problems. Shares in rotation of after business-hour response to requests for help. Creates documentation for or related to IT projects, system upgrades, technical support procedures, frequently asked questions, and other Service Desk related subjects. Fills-in as needed when Level 1 or Level 2 technicians are absent or unavailable.
- Projects: Manages and executes projects for the IT department, primarily related to Service Desk areas of responsibility. Partners with the Service Desk Supervisor\Manager to ensure that Service Desk projects are completed properly and in a timely manner.
- Metrics: Compiles, organizes and publishes periodic reports that illustrate typical Service Desk and other IT metrics data.
- Active Directory Administration: Administers computer and user accounts through Active Directory, administers distribution and security groups, create and disable user accounts, organize user and computer accounts in OUs, change and reset user passwords. Develop automated process for most of these tasks.
- Continually educates self on current and future trends in Network PC related hardware and software.
- Follow Company policies and practices while representing Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like manner in all interactions with employees, governmental agencies, vendors, growers, customers, etc.
- Ensure the security of Driscoll’s confidential and proprietary information and materials.
- *This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all the job's responsibilities. At Driscoll’s, all of our jobs include broad responsibilities for continually improving the processes we use.
- Associate’s degree in computer related field of study or equivalent experience
- Five years of increasingly responsible experience supporting PC’s, applications, and complex network environments
- Certification in applicable computer and network support functions is highly desirable. Such as CCNA, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Security+ and CompTIA Network+
- Experience with Windows Server System Administration required
- Experience with Windows PowerShell script writing/debugging or similar experience with automation tools
- Experience with System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) required. Specifically, in the area of client patching, operating system deployments, application deployments, with experience in troubleshooting issues in each of these areas.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, the OSI 7-layer model, knowledge of network routing, switching technologies, and security concepts is required
- Experience with WANs, VPNs, Firewalls, SD WAN, Hardware Encryption, client backups, mobile device management (MDM), thin client management a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities/projects with minimal supervision and commitment to deadlines.
- Experience with project management tools is highly desirable
- Demonstrable superior interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills are a must
- Travel will be required (up to 5% domestic and international)
- California driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program are also required.
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions are also required.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) fluency a plus
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.