Business Solutions Manager
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Sales
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0002866
- Experience Years: 5-10 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe purpose of the Sales Operations Team is to contribute to the success of Driscoll’s Mission through the skilled planning, implementation and management of critical, large-scale projects and initiatives in pursuit of delivering extraordinary internal and external customer service. The team will provide an operational structure that enables an efficient, accurate and reliable Sales process, which fosters improved customer alignment. The Business Solutions Manager is a member of the Sales Operations Team. This position requires a highly motivated individual who will blend business expertise, an innovative can-do attitude and pragmatic implementation experience. Expert in end-to-end sales and system processes. Responsible for the development, deployment, validation and on-going maintenance of Sales & Marketing projects and platforms. Maintains a focus on the Customer Engagement Platform (CEP) to support Sales related EDI transactions. Leads on-going refinement of CEP end-to-end processes, systemic optimizations, change management activities and reporting in order to deliver extraordinary internal and external customer service. Responsible for on-boarding new CEP customers and for fully understanding the needs of the customer. This will include collecting and documenting customer specific EDI requirements and partnering with IT to meet customer needs. The Business Solutions Manager will lead complex projects, programs and platforms, which drive greater efficiency within the Sales & Marketing Department. Partners with Sales, Accounting, Marketing, Supply Chain, and IT to develop systemic and process-oriented solutions that deliver upon our strategic digital roadmap objectives. As a member of the Business Solutions Team, the Business Solutions Manager will contribute to the creation and maintenance of a digital ecosystem. Responsible for creating and executing key strategies, which resolve complex issues in order to increase productivity and reduce operational expenses.
General Position Responsibilities
- Responsible for delivering, managing and providing daily execution support of large-scale projects and programs
- Manages issue resolution for business process and system related issues impacting our ability to successfully service customers in a timely manner
- Responsible for all regression testing efforts when systemic changes or new technologies are implemented
- Serves as primary liaison with IT to troubleshoot newly reported system issues (focused on EDI and WMS) which impacts business and/or customer end users
- Ensures project/department milestones and goals are achieved and budget adhered to
- Identify, develop and implement flexible, adaptive and innovative continuous improvement (CI) processes for effectiveness, efficiencies & accuracy. Champion of best practice opportunities
- Responsible for leading activities related to pre & post implementation of core production systems
- Maintains extensive knowledge of end-to-end Sales & Marketing team systems and processes
- Prepares and/or presents documentation to support key business stakeholders
- Develops, manages and maintains business focused project plans and updates
- Ensures effective collaboration and communication across multiple departments in support of strategic and team goals
- Conducts comprehensive Sales and Marketing focused end-to-end testing of new functionality and executes detailed business regression testing
- Directs business requirements documentation in collaboration with IT
- Documents new reports and/or new requirements to existing reports, and is responsible for report validation (must understand all data sources and the various needs of the reports to support successful business execution)
- Measures sales and operational efficiencies by developing key sales and operational performance metrics. Analyzes and reports on key performance metrics to achieve Driscoll’s strategic goals and objectives
- Conducts training to support new system and functionality deployments
- Develops and maintains strong Customer and vendor relationships
EDI Support Specific Responsibilities
- Leads and implements business related EDI strategies and procedures related to customer onboarding, team training, customer documentation, system upgrades, customer platform requirements, workflow management and on-going standard business activities related to EDI functionality
- Collaborates with Sales Leadership to identify and prioritize customers for EDI implementation
- Prepares plans and manage EDI customer implementation to meet EDI requirements
- Communicates with Customers on a regular basis to ensure the milestones are on-track and escalate concerns/risks when encountering major roadblocks and non-responsive customers
- Tests all EDI transmissions, maintains all documents for trading partner setups and analyzes all customer requirements for processes
- Coordinates with developers to design all future EDI documents
- Reviews daily alerts, notifications, and reports; takes action on errors or exceptions as requested by IT
- Handles all EDI related questions with customers
- Follows Company policies and practices while representing Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like manner in all interactions with employees, government agencies, growers, vendors, customers, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA preferred, plus a minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience
- 5+ plus years of progressive and successful produce and/or berry industry leadership experience
- Experienced Subject Matter Expertise of berry sales operations, processes and systems
- Strong knowledge in the channels of distribution of perishable product
- Excellent presentation, written and oral communication skills.
- Resourceful and creative with the ability to work independently with little supervision, influence cross functional team members, initiate new ideas, develop and deploy new systems and develop and train others in new processes
- Skilled at building and implementing change management activities
- Demonstrated success, particularly in process and project management ideally in Sales, Marketing or Supply Chain environments preferred
- Ability to manage up, down, and across, to influence others, resolve conflict, recognize cultural differences and adopt alternative methods
- Strong analytical skills with experience in utilizing information and communication technologies, along with key sales analysis
- Team player with strong motivational and interpersonal skills
- Business travel required, both domestic and international
- California driver’s license
- Valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions required
- Proficiency with computer software/programs including Microsoft Office products including knowledge and experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.