Corporate Social Responsibility Marketing Manager
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Marketing
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0002800
- Experience Years: 5-10 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityDo you believe brands have the power to make a lasting positive impact on the social and environmental issues of our day? Are you a passionate storyteller looking to join a market leader in the food movement? Driscoll’s is hiring for a Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Marketing Manager. Join a Brand Marketing Team who focuses on creating brand value and influence through a sustainable relationship with consumers. The department’s functional areas of responsibilities include: Brand Development and Global Architecture; Digital Marketing focused on digital ecosystem of web; social and loyalty communities, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Marketing: PR, Content Creation, Partnerships; Channel Marketing: Optimization of customer and in-store activation, Consumer Relations The CSR Marketing Manager will be responsible for safeguarding the brand voice and reputation across a range of sustainable, environmental and community topics and initiatives that matter to external stakeholders including consumers, media and advocacy groups. In addition, the CSR Marketing Manager will champion internal Driscoll’s programs and initiatives that position our brand as positive market leaders in the food industry. CSR involves doing business in a responsible fashion that delivers value not only to the organization, but also to its stakeholders and the community within which it operates. CSR covers five main areas: environment, community, worker welfare, financial performance and corporate governance. This newly created role will work closely with internal cross-functional teams (philanthropy, sustainability, production, product leadership and growers) to assess and prioritize key community and thought leadership practices that require brand and marketing support. This is a highly visible role with the unique opportunity to combine compelling storytelling and data-driven driven strategy to positively impact Driscoll’s important role in the food system. The CSR Marketing Manager will be the marketing subject-matter expert and the go-to contact point for all areas under Thought Leadership that may include but are not limited to the topics of AgTech, organics, water, worker welfare, food-safety and environmental issues. The CSR Marketing Manager will play a critical role in the external launch of Sustainable Communities, a global strategic framework for our business enterprise. The CSR marketing efforts will include a comprehensive CEO communication platform across PR, Events and Panel Participation. The CSR Manager will also be responsible for launching and sustaining a long-term communication strategy for The Last Harvest, an original documentary commissioned by Driscoll’s to highlight challenges and opportunities within our grower network. The CSR Marketing Manager will work closely with the Director of Marketing to create a meaningful stakeholder mapping process that intersects with the needs of media, advocacy groups, and consumers. The stakeholder process must identify topics that can either create value for the brand and/or protect the brand from negative perceptions. The CSR Marketing Manager will then partner and collaborate with others to translate the topics into effective marketing strategies and programs.
The CSR Marketing Manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of thought leadership topics both pro-active and issues management. In creating short-term and long-term marketing programs, the Corporate Social Responsibility Marketing Manager will lead:
External Thought Leadership Events
- Co-develop the portfolio of external events where executives and subject matter experts should be present.
- Pitch and secure new speaking engagements; respond to roster of incoming speaking opportunities.
- Managing relationships with key organizations and event partners.
- Provide support and periodic development for earned engagements.
- Current event examples include Eco-Farm, Organic Produce Summit, Food Tank, etc.
- Partner with the Director of Marketing as the subject matter expert to ensure accuracy of all key points are communicated in a factual and effective way.
- Work closely with Digital Marketing, Channel and Brand team members to appropriately amplify thought leadership strategies and initiatives.
- Maintain an ‘editorial calendar’ for the platform to inform internal and external parties of thought leadership activity, and leverage appropriately. Work closely with the Philanthropy team and local SEIs to assess meaningful stories and activities to external stakeholders.
Brand Advocate and Marketing Subject Matter Expert
- High collaboration and partnership with subject-matter experts to gain deeper knowledge of thought-leadership topics and then translate knowledge into compelling marketing opportunities. Create and develop a check-in or update process across organics, water, worker welfare, Legal (policy such NAFTA), R&D (AgTech and genetics) to ensure the brand team is connected with the latest trends and information.
- Responsible for developing and managing designated components of the annual marketing budget against target goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of progressive brand management.
- Bachelor degree in Marketing or Business administration required; M.B.A. preferred.
- Effective in managing complex program executions through superior organization, communication skills and attention to detail.
- Skilled in advancing multiple brand marketing initiatives against approved timelines and budget parameters.
- Strong marketing acumen and ability to align digital, communication and social media strategies with business objectives.
- Superior written communication skills with prior experience in press releases, message maps and white papers.
- Compelling spokesperson and presenter experienced with presenting to large groups and senior management.
- Previous experience with the food industry or agriculture is a plus.
- May travel for business up to 15% of work time.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.