Senior Manager, Business Solutions
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Sales
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0002716
- Experience Years: 10+ Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe purpose of the Sales Operations Team is to contribute to the success of Driscoll’s Mission through the skilled planning, implementation and management of critical, large-scale projects and initiatives in pursuit of delivering extraordinary internal and external customer service. The team will provide an operational structure that enables an efficient, accurate and reliable Sales process, which fosters improved customer alignment. The Business Solutions Senior Manager is a member of the Sales Operations Team who is an accomplished leader that will drive capability and process improvements through business focused systemic solutions. This position requires a highly motivated individual who will blend business expertise, an innovative can-do attitude and pragmatic implementation experience. The Business Solutions Senior Manager role provides the opportunity to lead both technical and traditional business-oriented challenges to deliver transformational projects. This role is accountable for driving operational and process efficiencies, systems and platforms enablement, and large-scale, strategic projects and initiatives that support business requirements. Partners with Sales, Supply Chain, Accounting and IT leaders to identify, develop and implement new technologies or processes to advance Driscoll’s systemic and operational capabilities. Responsible for managing and developing the Business Solutions team. Develops strategies to identify and resolve complex issues in order to increase productivity and reduce operational expenses. Accountable for change management activities that support the successful adoption of new technology and corresponding business processes and the on-going governance of new systems and platforms that impact the end-to-end processes of the Sales & Marketing Department.
- Promotes the development of flexible, adaptive and innovative processes through effective partnership, collaboration and communication with all of Driscoll’s functional groups, vendors and customers
- Manages and develops Business Solutions team members
- Guides the Sales & Marketing department through process and systemic changes along with adoption of new technology
- Accountable for the overall management of post go-live project tracking and issues resolution
- Accountable for EDI customer onboarding, thoughtful optimization enhancements and change management activities
- Develops and coordinate programs, projects, systemic capabilities and processes for industry leading Customer Service and order fill in order to increase Customer satisfaction, measured with a Trade survey annually
- Identify, develop and implement flexible, adaptive and innovative continuous improvement (CI) processes for effectiveness, efficiencies & accuracy. Champion of best practice opportunities
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including diplomacy and collaboration, and the ability to maintain strong working relationships as both an individual contributor and a leader of Business Solutions team
- Accountable for developing and maintaining a strategic digital roadmap to achieve functional and business unit goals
- Proven expert in CRM (Salesforce) functionality
- Oversees activities related to pre & post implementation of core production systems
- Leads and is accountable for all regression testing efforts when systemic changes or new technologies are implemented
- Drive effective, efficient and successful execution of projects and initiatives. Includes team member training on new technologies and development of training materials
- Measures sales and operational efficiencies by developing key sales and operational performance metrics. Ensures these metrics are analyzed and reported to achieve Driscoll’s strategic goals and objectives
- Responsible for maintaining knowledge about emerging technologies to support digital roadmap opportunities to position Driscoll’s as a leader within industry to deliver extraordinary customer service
- Proven ability to manage multiple project plans, timelines, and costs effectively, while ensuring strategic and business requirements are met
- Ability to multitask with a sense of urgency in a quick cycle time & fast-paced environment
- Performs other duties as instructed by the Director of Sales Demand Management and Sales Operations
- Follows Company policies and practices while representing Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like manner in all interactions with employees, government agencies, growers, vendors, customers, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree, MBA preferred, plus a minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience
- 5+ plus years of progressive & successful produce and/or berry industry leadership experience preferred
- Experienced Subject Matter Expertise of berry sales operations, processes and systems preferred
- Strong knowledge in the channels of distribution of perishable product
- Exceptional presentation, written and oral communication skills
- Resourceful and creative with the ability to work independently with little supervision, influence cross functional staff and team members, initiate new ideas, create new systems and develop and train others in new processes
- Demonstrated success and a history of high performance accomplishments, particularly in process and project management ideally in Sales, Marketing or Supply Chain environments preferred
- Ability to manage up, down, and across, to influence others, resolve conflict, recognize cultural differences and adopt alternative methods
- Strong analytical skills with experience in utilizing information and communication technologies, along with key sales analysis
- Experienced in managing teams of business professionals required including being a proven people leader and team builder with strong motivational and interpersonal skills
- Business travel required, both domestic and international
- California driver’s license
- Valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions required
- Proficiency with computer software/programs including Microsoft Office products including knowledge and experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX and Salesforce
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.