Strawberry Production Specialist
- Location: US - Santa Maria DC
- Job Family: Forecasting
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0002670
- Experience Years: 0-3 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe Strawberry Production Specialist is responsible for the consolidation and review of short- and long-range forecasting processes. Includes being a point of contact for consolidated forecasting information, support Sales and Inventory Planning, ensuring timely and accurate execution of the forecast processes, as well as providing training to assure regional success in forecasting. The strawberry production specialist will assist the strawberry production manager in ranch set up, managing supply outlets and other tasks as necessary.
- Responsible to provide stakeholders with timely information as to how the forecast volumes are changing and why.
- Weekly field visits to each grower and occasional visits to growers in other districts as needed.
- Possess and display excellent communication skills with the ability to build a storyline out of the data that accurately and concisely represents what is going on at the fields
- Build strong, productive relationships with all stakeholders based on integrity, trustworthiness and humility.
- Assist and support cross-functional teams in the development and improvement of processes and tools.
- Create and maintain an environment for open and honest communication.
- Act as a key liaison between functional areas and seek to proactively resolve any issues that arise with key contacts in a professional manner
- Responsible for the collection (Bloom counts /tagging etc.), aggregation, and dissemination of regional forecast information.
- Give updates on grower forecasting, following up on errors in grower estimates and assessing impacts of labor on harvest.
- Reviews and approves daily short-range district forecasts.
- Responsible for setting up the ranches (mapping and ranch numbers)
- Responsible for managing supply outlets (processes and export)
- Participate and contribute with the LCT (Local Commercialization Team)
- Yield reporting
- Responsible for facilitating tracking accurate OFT’s (On Farm Trial)
- Provide support and knowledge transfer to other districts as needed.
- Support the strawberry plant allocation and distribution process (code tracking, die out assessments etc.)
- Ensures the security of Driscoll’s proprietary and confidential information and material.
*This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this job.It is not an exhaustive list of all the job’s responsibilities.At Driscoll’s, all of our jobs include broad responsibilities for continually improving.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Business, Mathematics, Operations, Research or related field, or an equivalent combination of skills and experience, is required
- Must have 1 – 3 years of production planning and/or forecasting experience is preferred, specifically in an analytical capacity reviewing data and extrapolating information
- Strawberry field production related work experience is preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish and English) Preferred
- Must have a high proficiency with data systems and spreadsheet tools, specifically traditional Microsoft applications such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience with Visio, Access, Info-Analysis and/or Mobile-Logistics preferred
- Must also have excellent math and analytical skills as well as strong organizational and writing skills
- The ability to work and communicate independently and contribute to group processes is critical.
- Must have the willingness to travel as necessary to all supply regions to accommodate the nature of the position
- Must be able to maintain a valid CA Driver’s License with the ability to be insured under company sponsored liability coverage
- Will need to be flexible with work schedules
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.