Nursery Systems Intern
- Location: US - Red Bluff Nursery
- Job Family: Administration
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0002662
- Experience Years: 0-3 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Intern
About the OpportunityThe Nursery Systems Support Intern will work as part of the Nursery Systems team, helping to support the end users of systems and tools used within the Nursery to complete day-to-day operational work, with primary focus on the Nursery SharePoint site. The Nursery SharePoint site is an integral tool used for storing many different types of documents and accessing reports and other pertinent resources. The site is due for a hefty overhaul that will be led by a member(s) of the Systems team and executed with the help of the Systems Intern. This is a critical project impacting many customers within the Nursery and across the Business.
- Collaborate with the Systems team to ensure all business requirements are confirmed and follow up with appropriate resources as needed
- With the direction of the identified point person from the Systems team, build and rebuild sites and pages, modify existing document libraries and create new ones, and other related tasks that support the agreed upon design of the Nursery SharePoint site while maintaining the Driscoll’s branded look and feel of the site
- Some data entry and document file management may be required
- Other tasks associated with supporting the Systems team and/or the Planning & Order Fulfillment team may be added as time permits
- Some domestic travel may be required
- Represents Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like professional manner in all interactions with growers, co-workers, suppliers, customers and the business community at large.
- Experience with SharePoint admin functions or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with common practices of document libraries and creating workflows, web parts, and other features available in SharePoint site design
Preferred Qualifications & Leadership Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree or 4-year degree in progress.
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving ability is essential.
- Business/Math skills, detail orientation, problem solving, investigation, and ability communicate complex topics into understandable concepts.
- Effective verbal and written communications in English a must, proficiency in Spanish a plus.
- Must be able to communicate in a professional and timely manner.
- Must be self-starter, that is detail-oriented, accurate, reliable, and can multitask
- Must have demonstrated competency using computer applications; i.e. SharePoint, Access databases, Excel, Outlook, and Tableau.
- Participate and work well in a team environment and is comfortable presenting information to other departments and managers.
- Ability to schedule and conduct effective meetings
- California driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program.
- Strategic Mindset: Looks toward the future and designs a way to get there.
- Cultivates Innovation: Finds, champions, and implements innovations; large or small.
- Plans & Aligns: Establishes priorities and desired outcomes and creates plans to achieve them.
- Drives Results: Pursues everything with energy, resourcefulness, and the need to achieve desired outcomes.
- Collaborates: Works with a variety of colleagues, inside and/or outside of the Nursery
- Courage: Tackles difficult issues timely with optimism and transparency.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.