- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Supply Chain
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0002658
- Experience Years: 5-10 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe Transportation Manager is responsible for leading and developing the transportation team, delivering fruit, plants and/or materials to customers, company destinations and airports in the United States, and Canada. The Transportation Manager will also be responsible for managing the development and integration of transportation logistics systems, performance metrics, and service agreements for logistics providers. This role will provide the leadership necessary to lead and develop a team, effectively engage cross functionally within the company, strengthen vendor and departmental relationships, drive employee empowerment, and instill company values.
- Team Development: Will build, develop and supervise a team to handle the day-to-day operations in a fast-paced environment. Supports and promotes safety. Responsible for the development, training, and evaluation of employees on a continuous basis.
- Delivered Program Growth: Will build, and develop relationships with customers, vendors and cross-functional internal teams to continue to grow the delivered sales program, delivering exceptional customer service.
- Logistics Systems: Manages service, and project engagement with logistics systems providers within DOTA (Driscoll's of the Americas). Will match new technologies with desired process and standardize processes. Will work directly with the Sr. Logistics Manager to specifically focus on areas of improvement; troubleshoot solutions, delegate responsibilities and monitor results of implementation. Manage and develop standard operating procedures and process improvement initiatives.
- Performance Standards, Reporting, and Improvement: Leads/supports the development and integration of performance standards (financial, operating, and cold chain). Creates reporting and works internally with the team and with service providers to achieve performance targets.
- Carrier Qualifying and Relationship Management: Qualifies new carriers and manages carrier relationships. Manages the execution of carrier RFP.
- Logistics Contracts: Leads/supports contract development and execution in conjunction with the Sr. Logistics Manager and our Legal Department for all applicable service providers. This includes all transportation carriers.
- Financial Acumen: Provides support for the annual budget for Transportation by providing reports and analysis of past and current trends for costs and revenue.
- Process: Assist in the development and support of internal systems and business processes.
- Communication: Ensures effective collaboration and communication with all other departments for greater efficiencies and attainment of Driscoll’s strategic plan. Responsible to develop and maintain vendor relationships.
- Professionalism: Nurtures, supports and promotes the company mission statement and values. Follows company policies and practices while representing Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like manner in all interactions with employees, government agencies, growers, customers, etc. Ensures the confidentially of Driscoll’s proprietary information. Performs other duties as instructed by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain/ Logistics with 5+years of experience in the transportation industry.
- Strong and proven experience building, developing and leading a team. Leadership experience required.
- Familiar with key transportation concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Proven background with logistics / transportation systems, leading logistics network improvements through strong financial and operating performance metrics.
- Strong understanding of transportation of logistics regulatory compliance, expected.
- Exceptional organization skills with the ability to solve problems with a sense of urgency.
- Multi-modal (truck, rail, ocean, air), and import/export knowledge and experience essential.
- Need to be dependable, reliable and able to work independently.
- Background with financial reporting and the budget process for a large department.
- Aptitude to conduct interpersonal interactions, exchange information, persuade, problem solve, and work effectively under pressure.
- Poses high level personal computer skills in the use of Windows, Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Experience in Tableau is a plus.
- Experience in developing, negotiating, and executing service agreements.
- Knowledge of post-harvest handling of fresh fruit.
- Possess and demonstrates effective verbal and written communications as well as high math skills.
- Must be flexible with work schedule, able to work overtime and weekends as required, travel occasionally, and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Experience leading cross functional efforts with Carriers, Network Partners & 3PL’s.
- Bilingual English / Spanish strongly preferred.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.