- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Administration
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0002642
- Experience Years: 0-3 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Intern
About the OpportunityThe Intern will have the opportunity to work in the tissue culture laboratory and the greenhouse department of the facility, to learn operational functions. The Intern will gain experience in tissue culture techniques, plant propagation methods, growing of commercial berry plants, clean stock techniques and processes, plant health practices, best management practices in lab and greenhouse.
- Actively participate/work alongside company employees in the tissue culture laboratory and greenhouse.
- Works in partnership with the Laboratory Supervisors and Manager to plan, implement and evaluate the various tasks and projects.
- Ensures Driscoll’s confidential and proprietary information and materials.
- Provide regular updates to manager(s) and periodic trial task that they will be responsible to set up, track results and report on those results.
- Provides a focus on process improvement and contribution to improving teamwork and workflow.
- Team contribution to openly support: fairness, (trustworthiness) strong work ethic, personal performance (passion) and accountability along with leadership by example (humility).
- Maintains a safe and professional appearing work area.
- A college senior (4th year student) with a degree focused in Biology, Plant Science or Horticulture.
- Knowledge of Plant Physiology is a plus!
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Bilingual (English/Spanish) is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to work independently and maintain strong working relationships through collaborative team projects
- Experience in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Capacity to be adaptable and flexible in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Eager and open to learn!
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.