Director of Global Tax
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Finance
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0002575
- Experience Years: 10+ Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityDriscoll’s is a rapidly growing privately held Company with global operations and revenue. The Company markets fresh strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and blackberries while partnering with independent farmers around the world to produce these berries primarily from Driscoll’s patented varieties. The company is headquartered in Watsonville, CA, and consists of four geographic strategic business units (SBU) and one SBU that oversees R&D activities. The Director of Tax will report to the Vice President of Treasury and Tax. The must have broad experience with U.S. federal and state tax laws, international tax principles, and GAAP rules around accounting for income taxes. The must also demonstrate strong leadership skills and working collaboratively with other functions within finance and with SBU finance leaders around the world.
This Director of Tax will manage and develop a small team of tax professionals and coordinate the activities of professional services firms to achieve the following objectives:
- Establish and maintain global tax policies.
- Manage the preparation of annual tax provisions.
- Oversee global tax compliance filings and audit activity in partnership with regional financial leadership.
- Develop and execute global tax planning to minimize tax risk, the Company’s effective tax rate, and cash taxes.
- Present tax planning strategies and tax results to the executive team and audit committee.
- Review and monitor global tax legislation with timely communication to the executive team of impact and proposed actions.
- Manage global transfer pricing policies, oversight of indirect tax compliance, planning, and audits in coordination with Corporate and Business Unit partners.
- 10 years or more of relevant experience.
- Experience at a global consumer goods company with some experience at a Big Four firm.
- An excellent academic foundation that includes a bachelors in a relevant field along with a CPA certification and/or a Master’s in Taxation.
- Values based management style that includes active listening, intellectual curiosity and the confidence to have a sense of humility.
- Ability to create a link between an organization’s “work” and its Vision, Mission, and Values.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.