Transportation Analyst II
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Supply Chain
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0002554
- Experience Years: 3-5 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe Transportation Analyst is responsible for driving performance results within the transportation department, through daily operations, analytics, and program management. Responsibilities include managing transportation scheduling, complex load planning, rate management, order fulfillment, and monitoring of specific loads scheduled by the department. The Transportation Analyst is also responsible for managing key programs and department analytics, identifying service improvement opportunities and collaborating with internal/external customers / partners to drive results.
- Daily vendor management of both brokers and asset base carriers throughout the continental US.
- Communicate extensively and work collaboratively with the Sales Department, Product Planning Department, Distribution Centers, Third-Party facilities, Customers, and Carriers to facilitate the following:
- Manage Track & Trace reporting and provide results to Driscoll’s, Customers, and Carriers.
- Manage key metrics and reporting functions within the department – using analytics to drive business decisions that improve service, reduce cost, and continuously improve the arrival condition of our fruit to our delivered customers.
- Manage key customer(s) and/or regional programs to drive efficiencies and improve overall service to our internal/external customer(s).
- Develop and manage analytics in both excel and Tableau, driving visibility of key metrics and collaborating with key stakeholders to drive results.
- Processes delivery invoices and perform month end reporting as required.
- Partner with the Sales, Product Planning, Materials, Growers, and the Nursery.
- Maintain Customer Champion Role. Work with the customer’s buyer and receiving facilities to ensure timely communication on OTP & OTD.
- Qualify Carriers based on PU-Del performance, cold chain management and cost. Will interview potential carriers directly to understand carrier equipment, age of fleet, etc. and will determine how carrier “fit” based on network need, capacity, etc. Will build score cards to summarize all information & will update and analyze as needed.
- Manage order fulfillment, performance and transfer of fruit through 3PL facilities (hub & spoke distribution modeling). Determine complex Load optimization and LTL programs considering delivery location, delivery date and order size. Consider and analyze customer inventory, cold chain demands, customer timelines, etc.
- Carrier management: Including dashboard performance, rate's and load capacity. Analyzes key data (OTP, OTD, acceptance & data compliance) for cold chain compliance.
- Manage Claims process. Ensure timely hand off claim packets, claim resolution and payment.
- Manage other programs such Intermodal and Direct Deliveries. Interface with Logistics leadership to define targets. Work with Sales, SCP to achieve goals. Work with Carriers to secure capacity and rates.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain/ Logistics or 2+ years of transportation experience.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with the ability to communicate professionally and effectively at multiple levels both inside and outside of the organization.
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and needs of both internal and external customers.
- Possess a thorough understanding of transportation finance, operations, internal systems and network functions.
- Ability to lead cross functional efforts with Carriers, Network Partners & 3PL’s.
- Ability to work with vendors from other industries (Materials, Cold chain, Intermodal and 3PL's).
- Possess leadership skills in support of departmental platform development and expansion.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced and collaborative environment with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to build constructive and effective relationship.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks effectively and quickly.
- Basic math and data entry skills required.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Word, and Outlook. In addition to experience with Tableau.
- Experience in the use of Transportation Management Systems (TMS), Warehouse Management Systems and EDI.
- Flexible and dependable with work schedule, including on-call shifts (nights and weekends), holidays, overtime, and occasional domestic-international travel required.
- Must be able to maintain a valid CA Driver’s License with the ability to be insured under company sponsored liability coverage.
- Proficient in developing various financial analyses by region, mode, carrier, customer, shipping origin and or destination.
- Complete tasks and projects in an accurate, timely, and efficient manner.
- Follow Company policies and practices while representing Driscoll’s in an ethical and professional manner in all interactions with fellow employees, Customers, Carriers, Growers, Vendors, and Governmental Agencies.
- Ensures the security of Driscoll’s confidential and proprietary information and materials.
- Bilingual speaking/writing in English/Spanish strongly preferred.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Driscoll’s management.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.