- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Production Planning
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0002545
- Experience Years: 3-5 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe Packaging Planner is responsible for planning, stocking, and replenishing packaging materials used for packing fresh berries across the U.S. and Canada. This role generally involves the following activities: packaging planning, inventory/buffer stock management, supplier relationship management, negotiations, and purchasing. The products that are actively managed includes clamshells, clamshell pads, labels, corrugated trays, pallets, strapping, and other materials. This position is highly cross-functional in its interaction with other business and functional groups. In order to achieve alignment across growers, suppliers, and customers, the complete end to end supply chain must be understood by the Packaging Planner and this knowledge incorporated into the packaging planning, inventory management, and procurement action plans.
- Purchase Order creation, directly or through third party buyers
- This activity includes the required follow up with suppliers
- Coordination with multiple functional groups regarding new items
- This includes entry of new material prices into the ERP system and other related activities
- Transportation carrier management and the management of all related documentation
- Inventory/buffer stock management to maintain appropriate packaging supply in the network and at the required consumption locations to prevent stock outs
- Perform adjustments and reconciliations as needed
- Oversee inventory build at the beginning of each season and inventory run out at the end of each season
- Active management of slow moving, obsolete, and aged inventory in order to minimize write-off expenses.
- Creation of scrap authorizations when required
- Facilitation of the 3-way matching process, coding/approving of invoices, reclassifications, and month-end accruals
- Packaging forecast monitoring on a weekly basis and responding to forecast changes to ensure supply
- Management of multi-year contracts and service level agreements with 3rd party suppliers to ensure contractual obligations are met
*This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all the job's responsibilities. At Driscoll’s, all of our jobs include broad responsibilities for continually improving the processes we use to develop our products.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Prior experience in sourcing and supply chain (3+ years in this discipline)
- Experience in working with ERP systems
- Basic knowledge of Accounting principles
- Proven negotiation and networking skills
- Must possess strong organizational skills with the ability to coordinate and drive projects to successful completion
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to perform process improvement
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook required
- Must be a self-starter with strong multi-tasking skills
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment showing initiative as an independent worker and team collaborator
- Ability to influence others to ensure tasks meet goals and objectives
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) fluency preferred
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.