Greenhouse Worker II
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Seasonal
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0002516
- Experience Years: 0-3 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityUnder the direction of the Greenhouse Growing Supervisor, this job is to provide growing care for breeding and research projects. Attention to specific plant stages is required from propagation to final growth stages. Responsibilities include watering, fertilizing, misting, and spraying pesticides (after being trained) as well as irrigation setup and greenhouse preparation. Responsibilities apply to all berry crops grown by the company at all stages in greenhouse and field settings.
- Maintain proper root health by irrigating plants accurately and on time.
- Program irrigation computers.
- Apply proper misting of grafted plants, stem cutting propagation, and seed germination.
- Maintain proper plant nutrition.
- Responsible for checking, maintaining, and recording desired soil EC and pH levels.
- Program fertilizer injectors.
- After being trained and passing medical fitness tests, spray pesticides in a thorough and safe manner.
- Follow all WPS regulations.
- Demonstrate Driscoll’s values of passion, humility, and trustworthiness.
- Requires ability to deal with diverse groups and interests, including support to other departments as necessary.
- Performs other duties as instructed by supervisor.
- Position requires reliability, attention to detail, and teamwork skills. Accuracy is critical.
- Must be able to work 8 to 11 hour days and weekends when needed.
- Work schedule will be Sunday-Thursday or Tuesday-Saturday. Occasional overtime is required.
- Must be able to work in a field and greenhouse setting; Able to lift 50 pounds.
- Able to follow written instructions including pesticide labels
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.