Supply Planner III
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Production Planning
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0002506
- Experience Years: 3-5 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThis position will manage the process, systems and reporting for all end-to-end activities related to grower plant requests and allocations through to plant billing and recovery reporting. Provides leadership, support, customer service, and expertise across a broad range of projects and tasks to deliver the right plants at the right time in the right quantity to Driscoll’s Growers and effectively manage the related activities with their respective berry team counterparts to align to planning targets and enterprise goals.
Plant Order: Acts as a key partner with Supply and Nursery for all planning processes used to transform the Supply Plan into a Nursery order. Works with the Nursery to ensure that all deadlines for the Planning Meetings (Dead Variety Society, Live Variety Society) and associated planning check-in meetings are met and the information is accurately presented. Supports Supply in leading the confirmation of the plan assumptions (density, variety mix, delivery timing, plant types). Works with the Nursery to transform Nursery Summaries into updates against the plan to communicate and address variances.
Plant Request: Manages the end-to-end processes as they relate to district and grower plant requests. Responsible for managing letter agreements or their equivalent to communicate plant polices and liability rules to districts and growers. Responsible for delivering harvest/pack plans to the Nursery based on District provided requests/confirmations. Manages the process and tools including Plant RAD (plant system) related to Grower Requests. Provide leadership to deliver reasonable consistency of plant policies and processes across Driscoll’s of the Americas (DOTA).
Plant Allocations and Distribution: Manages the plant allocation policies and their execution across DOTA to ensure that growers are receiving a representative mix of available inventory sources to mitigate risk. Will interpret the plant allocation policy and evaluate any exceptions with the authority to grant or elevate adjustments. Responsible for tracking exceptions to the policy and effectively mediating conflicts when matching requests to inventory. Works cross functionally to evaluate causes of exceptions for future improvements. Supports the broader team (Nursery and Districts) in the combined goal of delivering the right plants at the right time to the right grower.
Billing & Recovery: Manages Plant Billing Execution. This ranges from the preparation of US invoices to general oversight in DOTA that all invoicing related to a nursery planning year are completed. Responsible for preparation of recovery forecasts and plant fee exception reporting. Will also participate in the timely review and publication of the plant propagation fee schedules for DOTA. Will provide adhoc analysis and reporting as it relates to plant margin, estimated recovery and related. Will be responsible for the calculation of relevant business model payments as they relate to plant distribution or plant invoicing. Works with Supply and Product Business Management teams to evaluate the effectiveness of liability rules and replant guidelines.
*This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this job.It is not an exhaustive list of all the job's responsibilities.At Driscoll’s, all of our jobs include broad responsibilities for continually improving the processes we use to develop our products.
- Bachelor’s degree required, or equivalent experience, and 1 – 3 years’ experience in similar role
- Exceptional relationship management skills required including the ability to collaborate and coordinate with multiple stakeholders throughout the Company.
- Strong communication and listening skills required. Must be self-directed, self-motivated and show initiative to take on new responsibilities (agile learning) and improve on existing processes and systems.
- Ability to build a storyline out of the data that accurately and concisely represents what is going on. Able to deliver ad-hoc analysis as well as summary information for multiple audiences.
- Strong problem solving and solution recommendation skills required. Ability to troubleshoot and anticipate problems and manage through to their resolution.
- Ability to maintain data (entry, audit, and reporting) is essential.
- Attention to detail is critically important, as is an ability to manage multiple processes simultaneously. This requires strong time management, organizational, and document management skills.
- Proficient in a variety of computer software programs including Excel, Access and other transactional database programs. Experience with Tableau desirable.
- Bilingual English/Spanish required.
- Proven ability to understand complex systems and how processes relate to one another.
- Travel will be required (up to 10-15% domestic and international). A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions required.
- California driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program required.
- We expect all employees to follow Company policies and practices while representing Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like manner in all interactions with employees, governmental agencies, growers, customers, etc.
- Ensure the security of Driscoll’s confidential and proprietary information and materials.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.