- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: IT
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0002503
- Experience Years: 3-5 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe GIS Developer role will be responsible for providing development support for the GIS application in place at Driscoll's and will work on GIS projects, enhancement requests and support issues by collaborating with the application owners, business users and IT team members. This role will also use the GIS development and tools skills to help enhance the GIS platform to a robust environment which would scale as per the business requirements. In addition, this person will take on other responsibilities as deemed necessary to support the business needs.
- Work in a development environment by collaborating with developers, business analysts, QA and business users
- Develop, enhance and support ArcGIS applications and extensions
- Assist with data analysis, production troubleshooting and bug fixes
- Use Coding standards and develop applications based on internally developed standards
- Research and bring new ideas to the table
- Work in an Agile environment with the ability to participate and contribute to Agile Sprints
- Work with project team to provide product demos and walkthroughs
- Work with management to take on other job duties as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Geography, Environmental Science or related fields
- Experience with ESRI Suite of software including ArcGIS Desktop, and associated extensions and tools preferred
- Experience in developing GIS Web Applications
- Experience with SQL Databases, preferably SQL Server
- Advanced Experience in developing with HTML5, Python
- Experience in C#, VB.net
- Experience using REST APIs
- Experience using Json and GeoJson
- Experience in SQL, Geo processing and CSS
- Familiarity with AWS Cloud Platform
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.