Specialist - Market Insights and Customer Development
- Location: US - Olathe , KS
- Job Family: Category Development
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0002501
- Experience Years: 0-3 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityAs a key member of the Market Insights team, you will assist in the development and execution of the Sales & Marketing Group’s key initiatives by supporting a broad range of related projects and activities. Primary responsibilities include guidance in the design, development and implementation of projects focused on gathering, analyzing and reporting customer data and trends. In this role, you will gain first-hand exposure to key leaders across multiple functions to assist in achieving the company’s strategic goals and building a profitable and sustainable global enterprise. The Customer Development Specialist contributes key reports and metrics to critical initiatives that improve Driscoll’s effectiveness in strategic planning, program execution and continuous improvement.
- Gathering, processing and preparing data from multiple sources and tools, as well as compilation of data into effective forms of communication to both our internal and external customers.
- Develop and executive monthly and quarterly reporting processes for a variety of reports.
- Data deliverables include, but are not limited to:
- Quarterly & Annual plan analysis, Promotional Analysis, Sales Analysis, Price Analysis, Product Mix Analysis, Market Analysis, Program & event analysis (including ROI analysis), Executive summary of analysis findings
- Provide data & info for ad hoc requests from Sales and Marketing teams.
- Support of scorecards and KPI activities for the Sales and Marketing teams.
- Develops Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) for new projects and areas of responsibility.
- Develops tools and processes for enhanced reporting and analysis of market, sales and customer data.
- Adheres to best practices for naming and storage of data and reporting output.
- Leverage all analytical tools from a variety of syndicated data sources such as IRI, Nielsen.
- Become expert user of internal & external databases as well as creating and maintaining databases using data from several sources.
- Be a Champion of Driscoll’s Mission, Values & Vision.
- 4-year Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required.
- Consumer packaged goods or produce industry experience a plus.
- Analytics experience preferred with the ability to streamline reporting processes.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills required. Ability to analyze quantitative and qualitative data.
- Experience in the area of data science and coding preferred. Familiarity with Python, R, Tableau and Excel macros. Background or course work in data analysis desired.
- Well-developed time management and multitasking skills (i.e., able to work on multiple projects at a time). Ability to meet tight deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Solid judgment and decision-making abilities.
- Strong customer service aptitude, ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to effectively communicate analytical findings and recommendations to senior audiences.
- Expert in Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis on Excel (Excel, PowerPoint, Word etc.).
- Familiarity with Tableau and/or other data visualization tools (preferred).
- Familiarity and experience with statistics and related software packages (preferred).
- Ability to travel up to 10% and have valid US passport.
- CA Driver’s license and eligibility for company vehicle insurance as required.
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.