Breeding Quality Inspector
- Location: US - Remote Locations - New York
- Job Family: Research & Development
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0002461
- Experience Years: 0-3 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the Opportunity***Remote position - The Bronx, New York*** Global R&D drives significant value for Driscoll's Enterprise operating breeding programs and research centers across the globe. The role of the Breeding Quality Inspector is to assess fruit shelf life and flavor quality assessments for the breeders across all commodities. The Consumer Lab is developing world class sensory and quality inspection capabilities such as consumer tests, quality inspections, and focus groups, to deliver actions and insights that guides multiple business units across Driscoll’s. As a data driven business unit, the Breeding Quality Inspector will inspect, and provide quality assessment related to R&D products to augment our understanding of consumer preferences.
- Drive to distribution centers in the assigned region and receive fruit.
- Perform evaluations of fruit and input results into computer system in a timely manner.
- Discern if fruit has passed its evaluation window in terms of amount of decay. Grades fruit according to Driscoll’s Breeding grading standards.
- Generate reports for all commodities and send to breeders in a timely manner.
- Inform and update the breeders and Supervisor of any situation that may need their attention or involvement in relation to quality and safety.
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, receiving personnel, pre-cool personnel, sales, growers and administrative staff.
- Follow Company policies and practices while representing Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like manner in all interactions with employees, governmental agencies, growers, customers, etc.
- Must adhere to Driscoll’s food safety guidelines for sampling, transportation, storage and testing of fruit.
- Comply with personal and company safety precautions set forth by Driscoll’s and Driscoll’s Wholesale Partners.
- Ensures the security of Driscoll’s confidential and proprietary information and materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Additional travel required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; associate degree preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Understanding of concepts of product sampling, Brix evaluations, inspection and reporting of fruit quality (grade).
- Must be accurate and timely in data entry and communications.
- Ability to be flexible and dependable with work schedule, including on-call shifts (nights and weekends), holidays, and overtime.
- Bilingual speaking/writing in English/Spanish preferred.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- U.S. driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program.
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.