GL Staff Accountant
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Accounting
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0002428
- Experience Years: 3-5 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityProvides professional Accounting support to the Corporate Accounting functions including Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Property Accounting, and General Accounting. Interprets accounting data, analyzes reports and recommends action to be taken. Prepares journal entries, maintains ledgers, reconciles and analyzes specific general, intercompany, other subsidiary account ledgers. Assists in the development and installation of accounting systems, procedures, and controls.
- Prepare journal entries
- Bank reconciliations
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Profit and loss variance analysis
- Supporting audit schedules
Close & Reporting:
- Assist with monthly, quarterly and yearly closing functions
- Maintains subsidiary ledgers as assigned
- Assists with Driscoll’s compliance reporting requirements
- Assists with the review, assessment and documentation of internal controls for Driscoll’s processes and procedures
- Cross-trained in other financial and general accounting functions, including but not limited to:
- Cost accounting
- Consolidation of subsidiary financials with parent corporate financials
- Preparation of the annual budget
- Assists in developing the ERP system to automate accounting functions & transactions
- Eorks in cross-functional teams as required to improve the processes used to complete the responsibilities of the position and other areas in the company that are applicable
- Represents Driscoll’s in an ethical and professional manner in all interactions with co-workers, growers, vendors, governmental agencies, and customers of Driscoll’s. Ensures the confidentiality of all financial, proprietary and confidential information. Performs other duties as instructed by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or equivalent experience
- Minimum two (2) years of professional Accounting experience
- Knowledge of U.S. General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), best practices, basic accounting terminology and concepts.
- Experience working with computerized accounting systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, intermediate level required
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.