Agronomist - Rapid Action Agronomy Group
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Research & Development
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0002406
- Experience Years: 3-5 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityAdditional Locations: US - Camarillo
The Agronomist will be part of the Global Rapid Action Agronomy Group and report directly to the Manager of the Global Rapid Action Agronomy Group, supporting the implementation and adoption of critical agronomy strategic projects by Driscoll’s growers in California, U.S., and acting as a high-level agronomy specialist for the transfer of the selected agronomy technologies to Driscoll’s operations. Responsibilities include support implementing demonstration and validation trials in test plots and grower fields supporting and working in close collaboration with Applied Research and Local Extension teams, document project progress reports and weekly visits to growers’ fields hosting agronomy projects.
- Responsible to ensure that all technical recommendations from the Rapid Action Group Agronomy manager are effectively transferred and available to the Regional Applied Research and Extension Teams
- Visits Test plots and Commercial fields based agronomy projects on a weekly basis and document progress to other cross-functional teams and to the Rapid Agronomy leadership
- Collaborates with Regional Applied Research and Extension teams to implement trials and support growers on cultural best practices
- Assist the Agronomy Manager in internal and external trainings
- Participate and co-organizing Applied Research and Grower Extension meetings
- Collect relevant data and information from Driscoll’s Global technical network and effectively transfer the information to project teams
- Participates in the assessment of new technologies and growing practices that can highly impact Driscoll’s growing operations
- Participates in the design of full crop cycle management practices for the projects on course in collaboration with the Agronomy Manager
- Ensures the confidentiality of Driscoll’s financial, proprietary and employee information.
- Represents Driscoll’s in a manner that demonstrates Driscoll’s Mission and Values in all interactions internally and externally.
- Performs other duties as instructed
*This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all the job's responsibilities. At Driscoll’s, all of our jobs include broad responsibilities for continually improving the processes we use to develop our products.
- BS or MSc required in Horticulture, Plant Science, or Agronomy. Other agriculture-related areas of emphasis may be considered with 3-5 years of experience in Precision Horticulture or Production under Controlled Environments or Soilless Systems.
- 3-5 years of experience in Horticultural production or extension or agronomy support to horticultural crops
- Candidate must be disciplined, self-motivated and have strong verbal/written communication and the ability to effectively collaborate with others.
- The ability to interact and work on a cross-functional team environment is fundamental
- Curiosity, accuracy, detail orientation, organization, and analytical skills are essential
- Ability to exercise flexibility, initiative, good judgment and discretion.
- Excellent documentation skills to translate field based projects progress
- Analytical skills sufficient to analyze problems in a multi- faceted way and to develop and participate in implementing solutions
- California driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program.
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is advantageous
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.