Site Support Engineer II
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: IT
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0002399
- Experience Years: 3-5 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe Site Support Engineer II will participate with the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support and optimization of all network hardware, software and communication links. Identified personnel will also troubleshoot network performance issues, as well as analyze network traffic and provide capacity planning report & solutions.
- Provide technical support of Driscoll’s Global Network Services - LANs, WANs,
- Troubleshoot network issues, hardware devices and software; to provide diagnosis and complete repairs or fixes for the network. Performs packet captures and analysis as needed with the Production Services Team.
- Helps implement and support Driscoll’s Local Area Network, Wide Area Network, Internet and remote access systems and authentication platforms.
- Collaborate with IT Infrastructure Management and Network Engineering Team members to assess near and long-term network capacity needs and design and implement strategic plans to make certain network capacity meets existing and future requirements.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records.
- Conduct testing and development of disaster recovery plans to detect faults, minimize malfunctions and backup systems as it relates to network functionality.
- Implement and support VoIP infrastructure and its associated software, including voicemail and call management systems.
- Continually improves the networks by monitoring and evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
- Manage & configure network monitoring tools such as SolarWinds
- Must participate in Monthly Maintenance especially that impacts Network services.
- Actively use Zendesk Helpdesk or ServiceNow Ticketing Tool to receive & resolve technical-related issues
- Adhere to Information Systems Change Control Policy and document any alterations to the configuration relating to network devices and systems.
- Maintain employee confidentiality and all other confidential information
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
* This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all the job’s responsibilities. At Driscoll’s, all of our jobs include broad responsibilities for continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent technical work experience
- At least 3-4 yrs. of recent and related experience in administering the technical operation of Enterprise Network environments, troubleshooting hardware and its related software; Perform implementation and configuration for management of the network in a diverse physical and virtual environment.
- VPN, LAN, WAN and DMZ knowledge
- Network Performance tuning
- Problem Solving
- Coordination and Teamwork with a Customer focus
- Excellent learning skills with the ability to quickly pick up new technologies
- Excellent communication skills, collaboration skills, self-motivation and must have a strong team spirit.
- CCNC or JNCIA preferred; or equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge of Network Administration, management and analysis tools.
- Operating Systems: Windows OS Platform, Virtualization & Redhat Linux will be a plus
- Management and configuration of Cisco and routers, Cisco and Ethernet switches. Firewall management, Netsupport Manager Remote Access servers, NAT, Layer 2 and Layer 3 VLANs, Fast/Gig Ether channel, F5 Load Balancers, Wireless Access Points, Talari
- Must have strong knowledge of TCP/IP, routing, access control lists, security, firewalls and network traffic analysis. In addition, must be Internet savvy with regards to security, DNS, SMTP and VPN Networks.
- Knowledge of Wide Area Network Telecommunications
- Must have 2-3 years working knowledge of these following technologies: Cisco, Juniper, Palo Alto, routers, switches, firewalls, VPN, routing protocols, security and its application services.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.