- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Accounting
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0002381
- Experience Years: 3-5 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityPerforms accounting and cost accounting duties of a complex nature requiring professional experience, and knowledge of accounting principles. Will participate in the development, implementation, and maintenance of cost accounting and inventory management systems, so as to properly accumulate the costs of the company’s fruit, packaging products and other services. Responsible for the accuracy, integrity and appropriate controls are in place for the inventory system(s); e.g. master files, system access, policies, processes and sub ledgers. Participates in the year-end audit procedures internally and externally for inventory observations. Assist in developing accounting process to ensure accuracy and timeliness of reporting of fruit and non-fruit inventory related transactions. Owns the master files related to system item numbers (purchase price, sales price, required attributes and bill of materials). Provide accounting support to the Supply Chain (Procurement and Crate Shed) Department Operations and Finance on a National and Regional level with reporting, analysis and budgeting.
- Update frequently standard costs on inventory and provide costing for new items on a weekly basis
- Be able to upload data into the ERP system for journal entry posting
- Provide staff accountant duties such as monitoring quantities for inventory in multiple locations
- Provide weekly a validation invoice report to accounts payable for approvals for payment
- Provide accounting information to business unit managers as necessary
- Work with third party vendors on cooling services with tracking volumes on all invoicing
- Work with vendor portal sites to gather information for internal use
- Track the movement of inventory through transfers and returns between locations
- Be able to create and maintain standard costs on inventory, and maintain data on non-inventory items
- Monitor activity in multiple GL accounts
- Run inventory reports, providing full analysis of data by item, location, and cost
- Prepare and enter multiple Journal Entries for month end close
- Perform reclassification research between GL accounts
- Complete inventory revaluation analysis for fruit and packaging
- Prepare excel and other intricate and specialized reports for cost of packaging and cost of fruit
- Provide analysis on costing and profitability by item/SKU #
- Provide inventory reserve analysis and proposals for booking reserves on a quarterly basis
- Complete and develop account reconciliations of inventory and multiple other accounts
- Create and update standard operating procedures (SOP’s)
- Work closely with other departments such as accounts payable, purchasing, logistics, distribution, etc.
- Work closely with our IT department and business project managers on new developments
- Be able to work with and manipulate large amounts of data
- Work with PBC schedules, auditor requests and provide sample data
- Solid accounting experience with inventory and costing analysis preferable
- High level of accuracy in work and strong attention to detail
- Be able to perform in a fast paced environment and meet multiple deadlines daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly
- Excel intermediate level skills or advanced preferable
- Strong balance sheet experience and T accounts flow
- Experience with GL account reconciliations
- Experience working with inventory in multiple locations, including movement/transfers between locations
- Investigative skills in researching and problem-solving transactions and accounting profile set-up
- System implementation experience very helpful but not required
- Process improvement experience for reporting, communicating, automating manual processes
- Great team player, passionate about cost accounting and be able to work in a busy environment
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.