Employee Giving Specialist
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Social & Environmental Impact
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0002365
- Experience Years: 3-5 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe Employee Giving Specialist performs and manages a wide range of projects in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment. The Specialist will coordinate Driscoll’s Employee Giving activities in the US and Mexico, including ensuring that the projects and activities fulfill the policies and guidelines of Driscoll’s Giving program. The Specialist will be responsible for ensuring the department meets all its internal and external commitments related to Driscoll’s Employee-led charitable giving.
Increase awareness of, and participation in, Driscoll’s Employee Giving program. This involves:
- Meeting regularly with District Managers and employees across Driscoll’s U.S. and Mexico locations
- Making presentations about Driscoll’s Employee Giving at “Kick-Off” meetings, Departmental Meetings, Grower Meetings, and other internal gatherings.
- Surfacing interesting employee team projects for participation by Local and Executive Management.
- Working with HR Internal Communications and Marketing to Identify flagship employee team projects to be highlighted in Internal and External Communications.
- Maintaining the Employee Giving section on the intranet (BerryNet) up-to-date, working in coordination with HR Internal Communications.
- Collaborating with Marketing to regularly refresh the content of the Employee Giving section of Driscolls public-facing website (Driscollls.com).
Refine and update the Driscoll’s Employee Giving program to ensure it reflects the ongoing evolution and growth of Driscoll’s. The specialist will be responsible for the following:
- Updating Employee Giving Handbook each year to reflect relevant changes or modifications.
- Revising Employee Giving policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) so as to reflect any changes in program eligibility, match amounts, documentation requirements, etc.
- Coordinating annual revision of the Employee Giving section of the Driscoll’s Employee Handbook.
Increase involvement in the U.S. Individual Employee Giving program through such activities as:
- Training employees to use of the employee giving and volunteerism online platform.
- Answering questions from employees about Driscoll’s volunteer and donation match as well as Board Membership Donation programs.
- Developing program materials, such as Frequently Asked Questions, Program Summaries, etc.
- Designing and coordinating efforts to promote the program in partnership with HR Internal communications and Human Resources as part of the training of local HR representatives.
Expand participation in Driscoll’s Employee Giving program at all levels of the company and across Driscoll’s locations in both the U.S. and Mexico. This work involves:
- Training of employee teams on project design and execution, including project metrics, recruiting of volunteers, developing budgets, and partnering with non-profit on employee team projects.
- Supporting employee teams to submit project applications through the online portal for approval.
- Maintaining an up-to-date employee team project calendar to provide visibility into Employee Giving Activities across Driscoll’s various locations.
- Organizing employee trainings, exchanges and recognition events to promote organizational learning and sharing of best practices.
Manage the Employee Giving Program’s online platforms to ensure requests from both individual employees and employee teams are processed in a timely manner and are in compliance with program policies and procedures. This responsibility involves:
- Reviewing and approving or rejecting funding requests made through the Employee Giving portal.
- Communicating proactively with employees about any rejected funding requests.
- Supporting employees to obtain any documents or information required to conduct Due Diligence on non-profit organizations selected by employees to receive Charitable Funds.
- Ensuring employee have submitted photos and narrative report once a project is completed.
Coordinate annual budgeting process for the Employee Giving Program Funds for presentation to, and approval by, the Charitable Fund Committee. The specialist will undertake:
- Organizing project design meetings with each Employee Team (where applicable) and guide them through the process of costing out their planned activities.
- Conducting Due Diligence on non-profits to receive funding through the Employee Giving program.
- Obtaining approval from Marketing for any use of Driscoll’s Name and Logo associated with employee team projects or activities.
- Compiling employee team project budgets by both District and Growing region (e.g., US/Canada) for presentation to Charitable Fund Committee.
The Specialist will work independently with minimal supervision and need to be able to act on his/her own initiative. The ability to communicate and coordinate effectively and support Employee Giving activities across multiple Geographies will be critical. As such, the candidate must be able to work cross-culturally and collaboratively with employees at all levels of the company. The candidate should be bilingual (English and Spanish) and capable of working cross-culturally. The candidate should be proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook. The ideal candidate will also have significant experience in data management and the ability to produce program reports, track progress and statistics using data from Driscoll’s Employee Giving online portal and internal accounting data. The specialist should also have a solid understanding of accounting principles, costing and budgeting and financial reporting. Superior organizational, time management and communication skills are also required.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.