R&D Digital Program Manager
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: IT
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0002337
- Experience Years: 3-5 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe R&D Digital Program Manager will be part of a small team dedicated to execution of Global R&D’s digital strategy and will be relied on for implementation, management, and governance of our diverse portfolio. This individual will be the liaison between Global R&D and IT. He or she will need techno functional expertise and to operate with fluently in both the information technology and plant breeding/research worlds. This position will reside within the Global Extension & Communication department, which is responsible for management of scientific and agronomic knowledge within the company. The R&D Digital Program Manager will join Global R&D at a time of great opportunity to strengthen Driscoll’s competitiveness in the global berry market. Greater digital connectivity and capacity across our breeding and research centers has many benefits, including faster variety development, streamlined data collection and processing, strategic commercial variety deployment, and heightened access to knowledge about variety characteristics. This is an opportunity for someone who has equal passion and experience in agricultural/horticultural sciences and information technology, and who wants to have a hand in taking the world’s most successful berry variety development enterprises to the next level through digital transformation.
- Manage R&D’s global portfolio of digital platforms
- Champion R&D’s digital needs and pursue solutions to completion by working with vendors and IT
- Maintain accurate understanding and documentation of digital platforms and architecture
- Build and maintain inventory of digital portfolio
- Govern master data
- Align with leadership and management to prioritize digital projects and help desk tickets
- Drive R&D’s digital projects from proposal through implementation, per IT’s formal project process
- Manage user roles
- Manage communication channels for system announcements
- Author standard operating procedure and help resources
- Build and maintain productive relationships with staff in R&D, IT, and vendors
- Provide R&D departments with guidance to navigate IT governance policies and processes
- Domestic and international travel required up to 30%
- Represents Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like professional manner in all interactions with growers, co-workers, suppliers, customers and the business community at large
- Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences, business administration or other relevant field
- Five years’ experience and/or education in information technology, business administration or related field preferred
- Techno functional acumen
- Understanding of data security measures and regulations
- Competency with mapping and managing information technology architecture including master data
- Proven success with managing complex projects with Agile methodology
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions
- Basic familiarity with SQL and Linux platforms
- Basic familiarity with common software languages such as R, Python, or Java
- Experience and/or education in agricultural/horticultural sciences
- Experience with product lifecycle management systems, laboratory information management systems
- Certification related to master data management or product lifecycle system management
- Project management certification
- Spanish language competency
- California driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program
- Strategic Mindset: Looks toward the future and designs a way to get there
- Cultivates Innovation: Finds, champions, and implements innovations; large or small
- Plans & Aligns: Establishes priorities and desired outcomes, and creates plans to achieve them
- Drives Results: Pursues everything with energy, resourcefulness, and the need to achieve desired outcomes
- Collaborates: Works with a variety of colleagues, inside and/or outside of Driscoll’s, seeking win-wins solutions
- Drives Engagement: Creates a motivating work environment and empowers others
- Develops Talent: Actively seeks opportunities to develop one’s self and others
- Courage: Tackles difficult issues timely with optimism and transparency
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.