- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Quality Assurance
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0002315
- Experience Years:
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityUnder the direction of the Quality Management Team, the Quality Analyst provides data analytics and reporting for fruit quality across Driscoll’s of the America’s (DOTA). This includes data mining, analysis, interpretation, and summary findings to support quality performance and initiatives. The Quality Analyst will: • Lead ongoing and ad-hoc fruit analysis under the direction of the Quality System Manager. • Monitor short-term and long-term trends derived from fruit inspection data as well as in-market insights. • Provide DOTA Quality management with timely data analysis, insights, and recommendations or improvements within berry categories and regions. • Work collaboratively with both District Quality Management and DOTA stakeholders to support quality improvements of data collection & organization. • Support Quality Audit team through the development of measurement programs.
- Providing the Quality System Manager, Director of Quality Operations, Regional Teams with reports and analysis on a weekly, monthly as well as ad-hoc basis.
- Leads short and medium-term Quality projects in alignment with other functional work groups with specific emphasis on measuring quality performance and strategic improvements.
- Interprets and offers preliminary findings/insights with regards to quality trends from data reports under the direction of the Quality System Manager and Director of Quality Operations.
- Advises the Quality System Manager on leading indicators that may need attention or involvement, sourcing relevant quality data trends across managed platforms.
- Advise Quality System Manager with continuous data structure and reporting improvement efforts.
- Maintain updates to existing tableau reports and organization of project groups.
- Support Quality Audit team with structuring reports for internal compliance metrics.
- Support in the development of future quality software platform and aligning data quality.
- Works in a positive, collaborative way with other Quality Analysts, DOTA Quality Managers, District Quality /Production teams as well as Marketing Analytics teams.
- Quality project management and performing other duties as instructed by the Product Quality Manager.
- Ensures the security of Driscoll’s proprietary and confidential information and material.
- Represents Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like manner in all interactions with Growers, Suppliers, Buyers and Customers in addition to adherence to Company policies and practices.
*This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all the job's responsibilities. At Driscoll’s, all of our jobs include broad responsibilities for continually improving the processes we use to develop our products.
· Bachelor’s degree required with preferred emphasis on data analytics, statistics or agribusiness.
· 2 years of experience minimum with data analytics. Agribusiness and/or food Quality experience preferred. Business management and leadership experience preferred.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Spanish verbal and written capability preferred
· Ability to design and undertake analytical projects leading to specific insights independently with minimal supervision.
· Ability to balance multiple work assignments, projects and daily operational activities is required
· Microsoft Office Suite, Advanced Tableau or other Visual Business Intelligence experience.
· Ability to navigate statistical problems, including, but not limited to, multivariate regression, data manipulation, statistical testing procedures, and results interpretation.
· California driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program are also required
· A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions are also required
· Require some domestic and possible international travel, approximately 5% of time
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.