Grower Accounting Supervisor
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Accounting
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0002291
- Experience Years: 5-10 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThis position is responsible for day to day supervision and process of grower settlement team. This role will lead team of two accounting specialists to complete weekly grower settlement payments. This role will also be heavily involved in month end close.
Financial Accounting: Will prepare journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, profit and loss variance analysis, and supporting audit schedules. Will perform and assist with monthly, quarterly and yearly closing functions. Maintains subsidiary ledgers as assigned. Assists with Driscoll’s compliance reporting requirements. Assists with the review, assessment and documentation of internal controls for Driscoll’s processes and procedures.
Departmental Support: Track and collect all Grower Receivables, cross-trained in other Grower Accounting functionalities including Grower Payments, Grower Receivables and Crop Investment, Inventory Accounting and other General Accounting functions as required.
Systems development: Assists in testing and setting up processes and procedures that function in ERP system to automate different accounting functions & transactions as it relates to this role.
Process Improvement: Works in cross-functional teams as required to improve the processes used to complete the responsibilities of the position and other areas in the company that are applicable.
General Responsibilities: Represents Driscoll’s in an ethical and professional manner in all interactions with co-workers, growers, vendors, governmental agencies, and customers of Driscoll’s. Ensures the confidentiality of all financial, proprietary and confidential information. Performs other duties as instructed by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or equivalent.
- Minimum of Three to Five years of professional Accounting experience.
- Knowledge of U.S. General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), best practices, basic accounting terminology and concepts.
- Strong technology skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems, with experience in using these tools to implement and improve accounting processes and systems.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision, to initiate new ideas, to create new systems, to audit and correct errors, to train others in on-the-job procedures, to communicate clearly and accurately, to assist in the direction, control or planning of an activity, to make generalizations, evaluations, or decisions based on measurable or verifiable criteria, to keep information confidential, to schedule tasks to meet deadlines.
- Proven work experience as an accounting supervisor or equivalent experience.
- Other qualifications:
- Ability to multitask, learn on the fly, work in a team, keep information confidential, good oral and written communication skills and able to schedule tasks to meet deadlines
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License, passport, and some international travel might be required (5% estimated)
- Bilingual desired but not required (Spanish)
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.