Forecasting Operations Manager
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Supply Chain
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0002282
- Experience Years: 3-5 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe Forecast Operations Manager leads advanced forecast data analysis and reporting to support operational execution through the leveraging of supply forecast information, harvest trends, and critical production assumptions for all berry types. This includes data mining, analysis, interpretation, and influence of forecast assumptions in effort to achieve operational targets. The Forecast Operations Manager will be a key interface between Supply Forecast team, Supply Chain, Product Leadership, and Regional Production teams. This position reports directly to the Direct of Supply Forecasting.
- Lead the creation, issuance, and continuous improvement of critical reporting regarding Supply Forecast Performance, National and Regional
- Develop critical process and tools to improve the daily forecasting effort
- Lead effort to operationalize the supply forecasts to support the achievement of critical operational targets.
- Serve as the critical link between Supply Forecast and Operational Effort
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis under the direction of the Director of Supply Forecasting.
- Monitor short-term and long-term trends derived from harvest receipts.
- Leverage trends to raise awareness around potential discrepancies prompting regional national review, ultimately leading to better execution decisions.
- Leverage trends to mitigate risk regarding short or excess supply scenarios
- Support the Supply Forecasting Team with Dashboard Development identifying critical points of measure
- Serve as the Data owner for the forecasting group insuring Data integrity
- Provides critical reports and analysis on a daily, weekly, monthly as well as ad-hoc basis.
- Leads short and medium-term supply forecasting projects in alignment with other functional work groups with specific emphasis on operationalizing our supply forecasting with a focus on improvement to daily forecast accuracy.
- Interprets and offers preliminary findings/insights with regards to supply forecast and operation leveraging trends from harvest data and forecast models.
- Advises the Supply Forecaster and Director of Supply Forecasting of any event that may need attention or involvement.
- Supports Supply Forecast Manager with:
- Continuous data structure and reporting improvement efforts
- Continuous analysis of daily harvest submissions from the regions and reporting improvement efforts to drive accuracy
- Supports Supply Forecasting Team with:
- Structuring reports for driving regional performance and awareness
- Weekly consolidated narrative issuance to the organization
- Bachelor’s degree required with preferred emphasis on data analytics, statistics or agribusiness.
- 5 years of experience minimum with data analytics. Agribusiness and/or food Quality experience preferred. Business management and leadership experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Spanish verbal and written capability preferred
- Ability to design and undertake analytical projects leading to specific insights independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to balance multiple work assignments, projects and daily operational activities is required
- Microsoft Office Suite, Advanced Tableau or other Visual Business Intelligence experience.
- Ability to navigate statistical problems, including, but not limited to, data manipulation, statistical testing procedures, and results interpretation.
- California driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program are also required
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions are also required
- Require some domestic and possible international travel, approximately 5% of time
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.