- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Accounting
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0002270
- Experience Years: 3-5 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe Collections Specialist will be responsible for researching and resolving delinquent account receivable balances by discovering and eliminating root causes through collaborative work with stakeholders. This role will also advise management of potential bad debts, collection risks, and unusual circumstances as identified and communicate collection department’s policies and procedures. Additional responsibilities will be assigned as appropriate.
- Follows Driscoll’s Policies and Procedures.
- Reconcile and collect invoices to minimize delinquent receivables and discrepancies.
- Communicate effectively and resolve Accounts Receivable, Credit, and Collection issues with customers and the Sales group.
- Notifies customers of delinquent accounts and generate collection by telephone, email and portals.
- Provides the customer with necessary documentation in order to support the collection.
- Identifies the root cause for delinquencies, raise issues, or eliminate cause.
- Recognizes customers’ changes in payment trends and related risks; communicates these issues to the Sales and the Credit and Collections Management.
- Prepares journal entries for invoice adjustments. Supports, guides, and helps direct other functional groups pertaining to the Credit & Collections process.
- Communicates to and educates Driscoll’s employees on the internal control requirements pertaining to the Credit and Collections function.
- Responsible for interpreting the company policy and government regulations as they relate to the Credit and Collections function. Supports annual audits by providing information and documentation as needed to auditors. Cross-train to support team members within the Collections function as required. Collaborate proactively with the department, and cross-functional departments, to develop and implement process improvement initiatives in managing Accounts Receivable and payment terms.
- Develops and maintain excellent working relationships with Driscoll’s Internal and External Customers.
- Participate in educational opportunities, maintain personal networks and engage in professional organizations to expand job knowledge.
- Process Improvement: Will work in cross-functional teams as required to improve the processes used to complete the responsibilities of the position and other areas in the company that are applicable.
- General Responsibilities: Will represent Driscoll in an ethical and professional manner in all interactions with co-workers, growers, vendors, governmental agencies, and customers of Driscoll’s and ensure the confidentiality of all financial, proprietary and confidential information. Performs other duties as instructed.
Education level: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent preferred.
Training: 2 + years of collections experience is required, preferably with progressively responsible positions within the Accounting/Credit/Collections field as a Collections Specialist. Supplemental on-the-job training or courses in collecting experience preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of Collections, Credit and Accounts Receivable processes and procedures required, including knowledge of collection related legal requirements.
- Ability to problem-solve and perform detail-oriented work in a growth environment.
- Strong technology skills, including proficiency with Microsoft tools.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to learn and adjust in a rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Excellent customer service and follow up skills.
- Ability to initiate new ideas, create new processes, communicate clearly and accurately, to audit and correct errors; to make generalizations, evaluations, or decisions based on measurable or verifiable criteria.
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload effectively to meet deadlines.
- Individual should be a self-starter and must possess the ability to work well with diverse people.
- Basic understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting (GAAP) principles helpful.
- Show the ability to implement and improve processes and internal controls; with an eye on Continuous Process Improvement.
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a team setting and independently with little supervision, to keep information confidential, to schedule tasks to meet deadlines.
- Bilingual-Spanish desired but not required.
- Available for travel (10% approx.). Maintaining a valid CA Driver’s License is required.
- Able to work overtime as required.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.