Service Desk Technician
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: IT
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0002235
- Experience Years: 3-5 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityIn accordance with Driscoll’s support policies, the Service Desk Technician provides support for all company computers and applications, general network issues, mobile devices, new technology implementations, and A/V systems.
• Responds to requests received by phone, email and walkups. Utilizes Service Desk tools to track and monitor requests to timely resolution in accordance to our Service Level Agreements. Identifies, researches and resolves technical problems.
• Hardware: Maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, repairs and replaces computer systems, desk phones, mobile devices, audio/visual systems and other computer peripherals.
• Software: Installs, upgrades, troubleshoots and evaluates company approved applications.
• Active Directory: Administers computer and user accounts through Active Directory, administers distribution and security groups, create and disable user accounts, organize user and computer accounts in OUs, change and reset user passwords. Supports and maintains user account information.
• Network: Supports network operating system and supporting software. Basic troubleshooting of wired and wireless networks.
• Phone System: Provides support for corporate telephone system, desk phone setup, deployment and troubleshooting.
• Mobile Devices: Provides configuration, troubleshooting and support for a variety of mobile devices including tablets and smart phones.
• Projects: Supports the rollout of new technologies by the IT department through projects. May manage and execute on Service Desk specific projects.
• Documentation: Creates and maintains knowledgebase documentation for the Service Desk and customers.
• Remote Site Support: Provides onsite support at other Watsonville sites outside of HQ. May be required to travel to other remote sites within the United States and in Mexico.
• On-Call: Shares in rotation of on-call response of support requests on weeknights, weekends and holidays.
• Domestic and international travel required up to 5%.
• Represents Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like professional manner in all interactions with growers, co-workers, suppliers, customers and the business community at large.
• Associate’s Degree in an Information Technology field of study preferred.
• Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a Help Desk or Desktop Support position
• Experience with installation, upgrade, and maintenance of software, hardware, and peripherals
• Experience supporting Windows 7 & 10, Mac OS, Microsoft Cloud Services Office 365, SharePoint
• Strong mobile support (Android, iOS)
• Experience with Exchange, Active Directory
• General knowledge of TCP/IP, WANs, LANs, Wireless networks, VPNs and Firewalls
• Familiarity with computer encryption and general security tools
• Experience supporting multiple AV systems and WebEx
• Superior customer service and communication skills a must (e.g. Identify and articulate root cause on customer issues, Troubleshoot software, hardware and connectivity issues remotely, etc.)
• California driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program.
• A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions.
• Cultivates Innovation: Finds, champions, and implements innovations; large or small.
• Plans & Aligns: Establishes priorities and desired outcomes, and creates plans to achieve them.
• Drives Results: Pursues everything with energy, resourcefulness, and the need to achieve desired outcomes.
• Collaborates: Works with a variety of colleagues, inside and/or outside of Driscoll’s, seeking win-wins solutions.
• Drives Engagement: Creates a motivating work environment and empowers others.
• Develops Talent: Actively seeks opportunities to develop one’s self and others.
• Courage: Tackles difficult issues timely with optimism and transparency.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.