Nursery Planning Analyst
- Location: US - Redding Nursery
- Job Family: Nursery
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0002213
- Experience Years: 0-3 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityDriscoll’s produces the finest berries in the world, and the Driscoll’s Nursery is responsible for producing the plants that will grow those berries. The Nursery Planning Analyst supports the US/Canada Nursery Planning Manager in coordinating nursery plans, and managing orders for all four berry crops. This includes tracking and reporting on Nursery performance against established objectives and timelines. Key activities of the Nursery Planning Analyst include collection of data from a wide variety of sources and suppliers, analysis of the operational significance of new information, and communicating outputs in a manner that meets the varied needs of internal and external Nursery customers.
- Develop, update, and maintain Nursery planning & budgeting models using spreadsheets, database systems and other planning tools.
- Develop/modify data management processes and tools used to collect and maintain relevant data for nursery planning.
- Develop/modify reports delivered to both internal and external customers of Nursery Planning to meet the informational needs of our customers in a changing and dynamic environment.
- Maintain and distribute a variety of reports pertaining to nursery planning assumptions and the status of key nursery activities.
- Provide analytical support in preparing planning metrics, change order documentation and capacity analysis.
- Model production planning and operation scenarios to support what-if analysis as required by management to best ensure nursery plans meet company strategic objectives.
- Assist with the documentation of SOP’s for nursery planning.
- Update/maintain "Short-Term" and "Long-Term" nursery plans, and perform scenario analytics as needed.
- Collect and maintain data from internal and external customers that will be used to generate metric reporting, and identifying performance gaps
- Coordinate effective communication with key internal and external customers of the planning process, maintaining alignment with Driscoll’s values.
- Generate ad hoc summaries of planning data to support activities within the Planning & Logistics group.
- Perform other duties as needed to support nursery operations.
- This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities. At Driscoll’s, all of our jobs include broad responsibilities for continually improving the processes we use to develop our products.
- BS in, Business, Accounting, or related field preferred
- Background in Order Management, Production Planning, or related work functions preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple projects or tasks at the same time
- Reliability, attention to detail, and accuracy are a must
- Should be self-motivated and able to work independently
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook are required
- Familiarity with Access, Tableau, and Quantrix is preferred
- Must have a disposition for quickly learning new software and technologies
- Continuous improvement experience and training preferred.
- Occasional international travel, eligibility to obtain a US Passport required.
- California driver’s License and eligibility for company vehicle insurance required. Occasional domestic travel with overnight stay will be required.
- Bilingual communication skills (English/Spanish) would be helpful, but not required.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.