Research Associate II, Entomology – Oxnard, CA
- Location: US - Arts Ranch, Oxnard
- Job Family: Research & Development
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0002131
- Experience Years: 3-5 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe Research Associate II, Entomology will be responsible for providing and leading technical support to the Entomology research group in conducting laboratory and field trials on economically important arthropods in blackberry, blueberry, raspberry, and strawberry, and will be part of a multi-location team working on pest management, pollinator services, and arthropod plant interactions.
• Assists in design and set up of trials in laboratory, test plot, and commercial fields. This may include growing plants, culturing arthropods, applying insecticides and biological agents.
• Manages research technician and research trials.
• Leads treatment application and data capture in research trials. This may include maintaining traps, counting samples, using remote sensing, and taking plant metrics.
• Performs data collection, statistical analysis, summarizes research, writes reports and develops presentations.
• Contributes to process-improvement and knowledge gain in R&D.
• Other duties as instructed.
• MS in Entomology or related field or BS with research experience.
• Detail-oriented, organized, and able to manage data.
• Self-starter who is able to learn new things quickly.
• Able to work independently without supervision as well as with others within entomology and other departments.
• Able to work in field, laboratory and office settings.
• California driver’s license and ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance.
• Willingness to travel domestically.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
• English fluency required and Spanish communication skills would be an asset.
Please include a cover letter with your resume submission.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.